Pump disconnections

beti's profile photo   08/23/2014 2:23 p.m.

Hello!It is the first summer that happened with the bomb.The issue of dexconexions to bathe on the beach has gone fatal.If I put a previous bolus for a two -hour disconnection adjusted to those basal, it almost always gave me hypoglycemia.If I did not put me bolus to avoid the descent (you exercise on top ...) it arrived with more than 300 and it took a long time to correct it based on repeating bolus. Tampo has been so long disconnected, without eating anything ...?
How do you do in disconnections?Do you think it is better to go to Bolis during the beach week?A hug and thanks in advance.

beti's profile photo
beti
08/23/2014 2:23 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have disconnected it for several hours and all I have done has been injected 1 insulin unit per hour.With that it has done very well, but I think you have to see how much you need.It would be best for you to talk to your endo because he knows what your sensitivity is and how you can start trying so that everything goes well.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
08/23/2014 2:43 p.m.

Hello!!3 weeks ago they made a meeting to a few "firefighters" at the hospital where I am going, and they explained that to disconnect every three hours you have to do the sum of the basal of those three hours and multiply it by 1.20, but that thePeople were not going well and almost everyone put the sum of the basal of those three hours only, if they give you hypos so you have to multiply by 0.1 less and less until you find your formula, or put that three -hour bolus and eatA pair of cookies.
This is so, you always have to test, I did it until it turned out, and the truth is that it went very well.
I hope it serves you.
A kiss.

belefe74's profile photo
belefe74
08/23/2014 3:32 p.m.

Diagnosticada en 1997
Siempre intentando mejorar.

That same told me, multiply by 1.20 the sum of the basal ones ... but I get big.I will try to see if I give with my pattern.Thank you so much!!

beti's profile photo
beti
08/23/2014 6:03 p.m.

Is going to try between @beti ... see putting you less or eat something when you disconnect ... are you a long time disconnected?

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
08/25/2014 7:18 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

Hi @Intrusa!No more than two hours.I think this summer has caught me as a rookie.Other years whenever I go to the beach I had to lower Lantus doses because the controls were low or very fair and I didn't feel like being eating all day.It has also been that, that I have not counted on that I am more hypoglycemic and less sedentary.A hug!

beti's profile photo
beti
08/25/2014 7:53 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.