Levemir insulin (slow)

DiabetesForo's profile photo   08/29/2014 8:08 a.m.

First of all I want to apologize for as many questions as I ask, I know that they seem absurd, but I don't know what to do, some will already know me and I want to thank fer how well it serves me in the forum and how it refers to post, thanks fromCorazon, now I have another doubt that surrounds me, you already told me in the first post that I put that my mother has plentyYou can tell me what is the correct guideline for the Levemir, since my mother weighs 46k 52 years and measures about 160 170, you have always told me that he has plentyadminister, is similar to the novorapid for example ??? '

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/29/2014 8:08 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

According to a calculator that you find on the Internet you are right and my mother is getting insulin to spare but much more insulin, which I am doubtful would be to try those units tomorrow 10 and night 7 and novorapid 2-4-4-2, given the weightand my mother's age.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/29/2014 10:35 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Salvador, lowers the Levemir two units at night and two units for the day. And contribute to seeing how it is undidishing with less than 180.
If you still have whim, go down one in one unit every two days ...
It is better to adjust little by little.
If you start climbing after meals, go up the quick one in one unit.
I would do so.,little by little,.First adjusting the slow until you wake up without hypos

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/29/2014 10:40 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

And as soon as you change endocrine, eat Li to change the levem to the lantus, which only puts itself a time, better in the morning.
In addition you have to put quickly before each meal, according to the rations. I read you in the other thread, the fast you are calculating it well
The ruling that is that they are treating it only slowly, with hardly any fast, and that is a barbarity, because the slow insulins of now are now flat, and do not have peaks to metabolize bodks.
That endocrine is not distinguishing between the slow ones of now and the NPH before, they had peaks and metabolized hydrates in them, but they were held to schedules and the consequent risk of hypos, terrible.

With the slow insulnas of now, you are not subject to meal schedules, but you have to get the fast before eating hydrates.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/29/2014 10:56 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.