Type I diabetes with 19 months

afshaw's profile photo   03/07/2011 6:58 p.m.

Hello everyone,

Last week they diagnosed my 19 -month -old son Type I diabetes. We are still hospitalized and receive the training and support of the hospital endocrinology team and the truth that gives pleasure with this group of people.

I hope to go through here to ask those who have already passed through the same, and later to be able to help those who are in our same situation.

I sincerely believe that this is a very good initiative and I hope to contribute my grain of sand, but yes, before, I will be a question of questions almost certainly.

Greetings to all

afshaw's profile photo
afshaw
03/07/2011 6:58 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I notice in your words a good dose of optimism, and I think that is essential for the work you are going to start.

I am relatively "new.topics.

Welcome, get comfortable and enjoy your new house.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
03/08/2011 2:22 a.m.

Welcome to the forum !!!!
My daughter debuted almost 7 years ago, when I had 5 ... also the diabetological team was the best of that time, so you had luck, that if you see parents who have problems with their teams ...
Where are you from?Us from Cáceres.I have always presumed to be in good hands, Jo, I take the opportunity to send a kiss to Inma and Mercedes, to Jesus and of course to Dr. Arroyo, who although he will already be putting other kids in sun, we do not forget him.
Well, what I was going ... Stop for the parents' thread, for now it is in the section "I look for someone of", there we write a few, with little ones of all ages, surely we have an arsenal of answers for whenWe are with the questions: d.
A hug.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/08/2011 5:06 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Welcome to the forum
A kiss to your cry.

The forum is to try to help and understand this diabetes better ... so against more ask for everyone.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/08/2011 1:41 p.m.

Hi Owash;
My daughter debuted on February 21, type Diabetes, with 9 years.
You fall a concrete block on top, but little by little we will overcome it.
My daughter has been testing the glycemia for two days and that gives me a great strength
Well, they take them better than us.
Here we are to support ourselves at all times.
A very strong hug.

ivomar's profile photo
ivomar
03/08/2011 2:50 p.m.

Thank you all for your words, they are comforting,

We have debuted for the big door, like the good ones.

We brought Rafa with bronchiolitis, with which we carry a little tempor that between the fever and some more things, we did not get some more or less decent blood glucose records.We are still in more than 350 that we pass to less than 50 ...

They tell us that it is normal, and that we have to give him time for his body to begin to assimilate the changes and the new situation, so we will have to take longer, but I am looking forward to that at least he does not have these big peaks.

No one said it was easy.

afshaw's profile photo
afshaw
03/21/2011 7:32 p.m.

Hello AFSAWH, if the beginnings are complicated, let's not talk about whether there is any complication ... as you say, assembled of patience until "straightens" a little, surely you will soon get better figures.
Here we are for any things you need ...

A hug

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/22/2011 5:14 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Thanks Velia, that's what we are.At the moment they just changed the type of insulin and it seems that something better goes, but for now we only have 2 days.

afshaw's profile photo
afshaw
04/20/2011 8:26 p.m.

How do you still continue with insulin change? ... The changes are also to make patience, until the pattern fits well, sometimes it costs and continues to tell.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/27/2011 4:59 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.