What is type 3 diabetes?

fer's profile photo   03/08/2011 4:30 a.m.

Type III diabetes is the term we have used for people who live with medical diabetes, families, couples, friends.

Suffering a chronic disease involves modifying, managing and learning a lot of information, time will be required to learn and assume all changes

The search by the person suffering from good support diabetes will be fundamental, family, medical team, friends ...

The family, the couple, the friends

There is the difficulty of maintaining correct attitudes, in many occasions it can be seen:

Trend to overprotection:
The fear that our children can make an error in the application of treatment, the therapeutic breach, ... all this can cause the family not to allow the child to face new situations, creating attitudes of dependence and insecurityIn the child since they are not allowed to make decisions or actively participate in the treatment.

The lack of parental authority:
Being negligent, "passing", or subtracting importance to the treatment of our children will lead to attitudes of irresponsibility, and even the therapeutic breach.

The pressure against the results of self -control:
Being too demanding will cause an obsession with the results and it may be that a rebellion is aroused even the rejection of treatment by the child, adolescent or adult.

Be too authoritarian:
You can run the risk that the child, the adolescent or the adult will be in the background with respect to their diabetes, avoiding making decisions regarding it.

The negotiating attitude:
It would be the most recommended, since it promotes decision -making in conjunction with the child, the adolescent and the adult, ultimately reaffirms responsibility and security in decision making.

Hear:
We must try to listen to the other if we want to be heard.

A positive environment

What aspects can positively influence coexistence:

• * Do not reduce the existence of the person with diabetes to their illness, when we ask how was the day?And we don't ask for aspects of the disease, have you had a decrease?Did you measure yourself before putting insulin?Do you carry hydrates?We reinforce trust and show that we are interested not only for diabetes.

* Do not focus only on the result, positively strengthen the effort made to achieve it, even if it is not good.

* Being positive with errors as they can help us modify guidelines that will help us better understand the treatment.

* Explain in a reasoned way the prohibitions, in the case of the little ones.

* Dialogue about feelings, doubts, fears ... without judging the other.

* In the issue of childhood and adolescence, it must be ensured that both parents transmit messages along the same lines, avoiding contradictions before the children.Faced with any discrepancy, you must try to speak before, and agree on resolutions to avoid conflicts.

* We must all have a goal to learn to live with diabetes and not for diabetes.

* The family, couple and friends must act as affective support, in the case of non -autonomous minors the family will manage or help manage their diabetes, in the case of the elderly we should not expect that a family member, couple, friend clarify doubtson diabetes.

Be responsible for treatment and learn management gives you all the elements that influence and intervene in it (insulin, diet, exercise, social situations ...)

fer's profile photo
fer
03/08/2011 4:30 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

That in addition to as a guide for all type III diabetics, this new section is worth a recognition of what we are type I or II towards those suffered from type III.

In my particular case I have a lot to thank, without it this drink would have been much more bitter and difficult to assimilate.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
03/08/2011 5:10 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes, yes ..... totally agree, they suffer as much as we or more many times ....: D

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/08/2011 5:20 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, I am Type 3 twice, those that you usually write ... The truth is that my daughter's diabetes brought me to my husband, and I am so grateful that I cannot count inconveniences, for me it was a gift... In addition I must say that his diabetes has been an example to follow ... a kiss, husband !!!

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/08/2011 5:26 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.