Pogo integrated blood glucose control system

fer's profile photo   03/08/2011 7:02 a.m.

Intuity Medical, Inc. (TM), a private property company that develops innovative treatment technologies for diabetes, announced that credit facilities of 20 million dollars from Silicon Valley Bank and Oxford Finance Corporation have been secured.The funds will be used to help finish clinical trials and market Pogo (TM), a completely integrated blood glucose control system.

Pogo, from Intuity Medical, combines traditional supplies of blood glucose tests in a compact measurement and multi -test cartridge system.Provides ONE-Step (TM) tests with automatic blood samples and glucose analysis.Thanks to their unique retaining cartridge, patients with diabetes will no longer need to carry, manage or get rid of separate test supplies.Pogo also provides health professionals with an easy way to train patients on how to check their blood glucose and finally treat diabetes.

"Our mission focuses on simplifying the treatment of diabetes for millions of people," said Emory Anderson, general director and CEO of Intuity Medical."Thanks to partners such as Silicon Valley Bank and Oxford Finance, who know our businesses and support our vision, we are in a strong financial position to maintain our business goals."

"Intuity Medical enters a very exciting phase, since it seeks the permission of the FDA and the CE brand to commercially launch Pogo," said Rob Freelen, of the practices of the life sciences of Silicon Valley Bank."When available to consumers, Pogo will provide patients with diabetes with their disease discreetly and without interruptions in their daily lives. We appreciate the advanced technological standards of our clients in relation to the treatment of complicated diseases, and we areexcited to have associated with Intuity Medical in their mission for the improvement of diabetes treatment. "

About intuity medical

• Intuity Medical is a private property company based in Sunnyvale, ca.The company has pledged to simplify the treatment of diabetes through the development of own and innovative technologies that help eliminate most of the main barriers of glucose tests.Pogo, the first all system in one, simplifies blood glucose control tests, in addition to providing greater discretion and flexibility for the patient and their test at any time and place.If you want more information about the Pogo Blood Glucose Control System and on Intuity Medical Visit the Link Link .

About Silicon Valley Bank

• Valley Bank provides commercial banking services to companies with emerging growth and mature dedicated to technology, life sciences, private values ​​and premium wine industries.Founded in 1983 and with central headquarters in Santa Clara, California, the company provides customer service worldwide through its 26 offices in the United States and five international operations.Silicon Valley Bank is a member of the world financial services firm SVB Financial Group, along with SVB Analytics, SVB Capital and SVB Private Client Services.More information about the company available at .

• Banking services are supplied through Silicon Valley Bank, member of Fdic andFederal Reserve System.SVB Financial Group is also a member of the Federal Reserve System.
  • About Oxford Finance Corporation

• As a subsidiary of Sumitomo Corporation, Oxford is a specialized financial firm that provides senior secured loans for private world companies in Life Sciences and Health Services.For more than 20 years, Oxford has provided flexible financing solutions for its customers, allowing these companies to maximize their values ​​by improving their assets.In recent years, Oxford has originated more than 1.5 billion dollars in loans, with credit lines that range from $ 500,000 to 40 million dollars.The Central Oxford headquarters is located in Alexandria, Virginia, and has additional offices in California, Massachusets and North Carolina.If you want more information visit the website .

Contact: Carrie Merritt of SVB Financial Group, +1-503-574-3705, Cmerritt@SVB.com;-Shelly Davis of Oxford Finance Corporation, 888-471-0174, ;or Kelley Lipman of Intuity Medical,+1-408-530-1700 Ext. 242,

fer's profile photo
    fer
    03/08/2011 7:02 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
    Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Let's see ... I really like a part of the news, but on the other hand I don't see anything new either :(

On the one hand, the introduction in the market of a new competitor in the area of ​​autoanalysis is always positive ... Business competition will always carry patients positive effects.
    Sillicon Valley, we talk about major words in the field of technological development ... I presuppose that it is the financial entity that covers some of the projects that arise from that place of entrepreneurs ... not necessarily of the business nucleus formed by those parts.
    I have always thought about diabetes as a niche market at all levels, especially the economic one (let's not forget the huge percentage impact on the world's population).The entry of investors such as capital funds is a matter of time, opportunities and good vendors/buyers.
    A good idea, as a non -invasive continuous meter, will be a hyperlucrative ball for any investor ... the return is insured.

The pot itself does not contribute much (for what it seems), it is still invasive :( and only gives a step beyond the Acchucek compact plus of Roche, where it integrates a puncture, strips in non -manipulable cartridges ... in fact the designRemember that same glucometer.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
    DiabetesForo
    03/08/2011 1:24 p.m.
    No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Indeed, it does not technologically new new to what we currently use in terms of sugar measurement system.But in terms of product engineering.It is a much more comfortable device to carry, because it integrates everything and just put the finger in the measurement zone.

To my personally, what we have right now (a puncturer, a boat boat and the meter), it seems to me an inexplicable delay today, especially when for years, companies are throwing new really small devices and usadvertise the benefits of that small size;Absurd benefits that are thrown overboard when they must be accompanied by the frightfully large canyon boat and a no less like a puncture.

Every time I have to leave home (usually in summer, which is when you are lighter of clothes and with fewer pockets) with my huge meter bag, I get sick.And the years continue to go ... and the meter bags ... keep occupying the same size !!!regardless of whether the meter is smaller.

HanSolo's profile photo
    HanSolo
    03/09/2011 6:29 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

How right is Gondrullo, the smaller the biggest meter of the strips boat: shock:.Because the ultrasmart is large but the strips boat brings 25 and is relatively small, the contourlink is tiny but the boat brings 50 strips and is huge compared to the other because in addition to more strips these are larger ...... inend ..... that I don't understand it either or that we are becoming more demanding and sophisticated ?????:)) :)) :))

DiabetesForo's profile photo
    DiabetesForo
    03/09/2011 6:44 a.m.
    No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.