Night and morning hyperglycemia

Nenito's profile photo   03/22/2011 9:47 a.m.

My daughter is going through a similar stage.It is called "Alba phenomenon."The solution recommended by its endocrine: put dinner an amount of insulin that at two hours you are very close to a decline.And if you are low, and there is no discomfort, leave it like this.
Then control at 3 or 3.30 hrs.and quickly need what is needed.
And then if breakfast type 6 or 6.30 click on the normal.If you have breakfast later, control at 6 or 6.30 and prick what is needed.
It is a p.It will happen.

Mario_S's profile photo
Mario_S
03/07/2019 5:17 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

And important that you adjust your insulin dose if you are placing yourself (talk to your doctor on duty) and that it doesn't eat much during the night! Greetings

pollxander's profile photo
pollxander
03/08/2019 5:19 p.m.

canal:https://youtube.com/user/tumedicodecabecera?sub_confirmation=1

@Mario_s, but that solution is complicated and does not let you sleep.There must be an easy one.Increase slow or change the schedule ... or the pump..,

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/08/2019 6:26 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

BombLiterally impossible to correct that evil with pencils, or you get more basal and corregis dawn well but the rest of the day living in hiccups or you opt for dawn every day and the rest of the day to be more or less good.My advice is the bomb without thinking, it is the best solution.

FERLE's profile photo
FERLE
03/08/2019 7:18 p.m.

DT1
MINIMED 640G
FREESTYLE LIBRE

regina said:
@mario_s, but that solution is complicated and does not let you sleep.There must be an easy one.Increase slow or change the schedule ... or the pump..,

It is complicated, he sleeps little and badly, although she does not realize.They have signed us to put a bomb, although they have told us what it takes for a few months.It is time to endure and wait for everything to do well.

Mario_S's profile photo
Mario_S
03/08/2019 11:05 p.m.

Reading the thread and all the possibilities, I think it can be missing some that is the most "obvious".When I am sick I have to click almost double for the same hydrates.It is known that the HC/insulin ratio is altered and much by diseases such as infection.My advice is to review glycemia at 2 hours of puncturing and dinner.If something is there (greater than 150) then it will not be solved with basal, since there is not enough enough.When it is high after dinner, the basal is not able to lower it on its own.Let us think that a basal like the Lantus that has little 24 hrs effect means that if I put 20 units, every hour I have approximately 0.8 basal units helping.It is nothing to compensate outsarly post-illnesses due to illness.
Let's think that at dinner I am adding the HC of breakfast, food and dinner.The organism has the night to assimilate those of dinner, but the absorption capacity of HC is also altered by the disease, which tends to slow it down.In my case, if I usually absorb about 30-35 HC per hour, when I am sick it falls easy at 20. Imagine dinner 50 HC.In two hours I have barely ventilated 40 lucky.That is, metabolism is slowed because energy is aimed at fighting infection, making the rest of the processes slow down and increase insulin.
CONCLUSION: Review glucose at 2 hours of dinner and adjust the rapid.The slow must also raise it, but first you have to adjust the rapid by the disease.The fast pattern must change not only telling hydrates, but also adjusting for other factors such as stress, disease and physical activity.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/10/2019 5:47 p.m.

nacho_71 said:
If the measurements at 4 in the morning are high, it lacks a little insulin at dinner.Check that so for several days in a row before making changes.

It can also influence what it ceases.To me the pasta and pizza give me some measurements the next day in 150, no matter how much I lie in 100-120 two hours after dinner.

Paste and pizza for dinner! Mia's mother is fatal for diabetes, only 150 points?I do not believe it, that already rises above 240 in any current diabetic
You cannot eat either pasta neither pizza nor less at dinner, dinner protein with vegetables-hortalizasm, nor bread nor pasta nor flour derivatives, nor rebobed,
It is best to use the Freestyle Libr sensor for a while to see how foods are laid and make your list and follow it.
I went with Glico in 8 when the sensor came to me, after him he has dropped below 7, of course removing things that he ate before as if they were harmless.

Juan Luis Manzano Andrés's profile photo
Juan Luis Manzano Andrés
03/11/2019 12:49 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.