Pears and nuts with a touch of chocolate

olguilla's profile photo   03/25/2011 4:41 p.m.

You cannot imagine how deliciously rich it is ...

ingredients

2 tablespoons of lemon juice
1 mature pear, peeled and chopped
100 gr of butter (in the recipe indicates 150 gr)
1/2 tagatose cup, approx 80 gr (or 3/4 cup of sugar)
3 eggs
1 1/2 cup of strength flour (about 120 gr)
2 teaspoons of yeast
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
A little nutmeg
3/4 cup of California nuts (in the original recipe indicates pacanas) (more or less are about 100 gr)
1 tablespoon of tagatose
Black chocolate pepitas (or pieces of black choco without sugar)

How?

Sprinkle the pear with lemon juice, not to get black.

Preheat the oven to 180ºC up and down with fan.Spread a mold about 20 cm with butter or oil.

Beat the butter with the tagatose until a light cream is left.Add the eggs gradually beating each time.Once the 3 eggs are, beat for about 5 minutes. Add the cinnamon and nutmeg.Incorporate the flour previously sifted with the yeast, two thirds of the chopped nuts and the pieces of pear.Stir carefully.

Put the preparation in the mold.

In a bowl mix the chopped nuts, the tablespoon of tagatose and chocolate pepitas.Cover the preparation and introduce in the oven for 45 minutes.or 1 hour.At 25 minutes remove the fan and leave only heat up and down.Many will think that it is a rare, rare system, but it is the only way I have found that they rise.If you observe that the upper part is excessively, cover with aluminum foil to continue baking.

The cake will be ready when when I introduce a stick into the center I leave clean.Remove from the oven and after 5 minutes to turn it into a metal grid to cool.

The house stays with a smell!

The cake is left with a slightly wet texture by the pear.Chocolate gives a fantastic touch and in certain snacks the cinnamon are more perceived than in others and sometimes kills the rest of flavors.The nutmeg is barely notice.Spongy, soft and nothing heavy.Hot, just out of the oven, it is phenomenal.

olguilla's profile photo
olguilla
03/25/2011 4:41 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It looks spectacular :) :)
But what is strength flour?: Shock:

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
03/30/2011 7:11 a.m.

Strength flour is the flour they use in the bakeries, I think it carries some more gluten of normal flour ...

Can it be that they sell it in Mercadona?:-/

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/30/2011 2:16 p.m.

Yes, I have seen it in Mercadona.
And I say;) could it be done with normal flour ????????It is that it looks: Mrgreen: ......

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/30/2011 4:06 p.m.

UPS!I hadn't seen the question !!A thousand apologies.: D

It can be done with pastry flour without problems.Strength flour is found in almost all super, it is usually more destined to make bread.

All the best!

olguilla's profile photo
olguilla
05/01/2011 4:43 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.