Foreign

phaeton's profile photo   03/28/2011 8:12 a.m.

Very good I am new and such.

I write to see if someone has had an experience similar to mine and as it has solved.

My case is that I have been treatment for more than ten years, always with more than correct levels, without any complication and with few problems.During this time I have been regularly going abroad, for relatively short trips, the most for a month, without any difficulty.I took my treatment for that time on top and run.

The point is that I am raising myself at this time to go to Germany to learn the language mainly.With what I find that I do not have health coverage, much less pharmaceutical.Has anyone been in that situation and explains how insulin acquired for so long?

One possibility that I see is that they send me the treatment by messaging, has someone done something similar?Any recommendation of parcel companies for these cases?

During the years that I have done in diabetic I have done everything that has occurred to me, so the impossible answers do not go with me.So see who throws me a little hand.

Greetings.

phaeton's profile photo
phaeton
03/28/2011 8:12 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It seems strange to me that leaving a country in the European Union do not have health coverage, have you asked about the European health card?

I work in a town hall in a village side of Benidorm where more than 70 nationalities reside and all have sanitary coverage, even those who only come to live a small period of time.

nella's profile photo
nella
03/28/2011 9:05 a.m.

Hello,

I am also considering going to Germany for a season and if it is true that they recommend carrying private insurance.For example, insulin infuses (and all material) do not cover it ... I have not investigated the issue much, but I think there may be problems for long -term treatments.If you have an urgency they serve you, but the control of diabetes is not clear to cover it.
If you find out something else you tell us !!!

tica's profile photo
tica
03/28/2011 10:13 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Interesting link Nella I have seen something out there of scheduled treatments that I did not know, I will ask in Social Security to see what they answer.

I understood that the European health card served you but in cases of urgency but not to receive a treatment, for example an English goes to Benidorm and as usual it is thrown from the balcony to the pool breaking the two legs, it is treated without anyType of problem, and believed that if he went to an ambulatory to prescribe insulin they sent him for a walk directly.

Let's see what I find out.

Has anyone done so before?

phaeton's profile photo
phaeton
03/28/2011 10:44 a.m.

Hello!I have been living a year in Ireland and another in UK and I believe that the public health system must be similar to that of Germany.I asked in Spain and they told me that if I bought insulin and reactive strips there, I had to save the tickets and then ask for a refund in Spain.In the end, what I did was talk to my doctor and they gave me more strips and insulin boxes for 4-5 months and the truth, I think it is the best option.
The health card is only worth it to have emergency health care but you pay them medicines since they do not have the recipe system as we have.
As for transport companies, work in a pharmaceutical laboratory and these are the ones we use for medication transport: DHL, World Courier and TNT.In 24 hours you have the shipment anywhere in Europe, they also keep the cold chain throughout the trip and you can ask them to wear an early talent (History of Tª since they collect the medication until they give it).

martagsc's profile photo
martagsc
03/28/2011 7:28 p.m.

Marta and you in particular how did you do it?You took the treatment for all the time in your luggage or did you send it to me for messaging?

Take it to me will be complicated because I will have to spend a week until I find a room to my liking.Do you know how much can send an insulin box for messaging in conditions?

Thank you.

phaeton's profile photo
phaeton
03/29/2011 10:35 a.m.

Some links of the matter:

In my opinion, the best thing you can do is get in touch with the German embassy in Spain or with the Spanish in Germany ... and to inform you.
I believe that you have the right to receive the same health and pharmaceutical assistance in Germany as in Spain, always with the European card in force.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/29/2011 2:12 p.m.

Hello!I took everything I needed for 6 months in the suitcase.I did not use messengers so I have no idea of ​​prices but everything is a matter of calling and information.Those who put you in the other post safely transporting medication and have cold systems.

As for the European health card, here is info of what it covers or not.You have the right to the assistance that a German would have, if they do not pay the medicines to you either.Inform if Spanish Social Security reimburses medication expenses with ticket presentation.It sounds to me that they told me yes.

Marten

martagsc's profile photo
martagsc
03/31/2011 9:03 a.m.

Martagsc said:
Hello!I have been living a year in Ireland and another in UK and I believe that the public health system must be similar to that of Germany.I asked in Spain and they told me that if I bought insulin and reactive strips there, I had to save the tickets and then ask for a refund in Spain.In the end, what I did was talk to my doctor and they gave me more strips and insulin boxes for 4-5 months and the truth, I think it is the best option.
The health card is only worth it to have emergency health care but you pay them medicines since they do not have the recipe system as we have.
As for transport companies, work in a pharmaceutical laboratory and these are the ones we use for medication transport: DHL, World Courier and TNT.In 24 hours you have the shipment anywhere in Europe, they also keep the cold chain throughout the trip and you can ask them to wear an early talent (History of Tª since they pick up the medication until they give it).

Indeed, as Martagsc comments it, it is possible to receive the private mail medication, in my case I receive both the Lantus and the Humalog via DHL and arrives perfectly in a fridge with a cold chain.
My son sends them to me and that I am living in Buenos Aires for the curro and soon I moved to Mexico and because they arrive without any problem.
The delivery time is 48 hours outside of Europe and within the EU is 24 hours.
It is also possible according to me in the SS that you can buy them in the country that temporarily reside and then when you return you would have a refund keeping the payment tickets.
That is when I travel for Europe I already come with my cargo of both insulin and reactive strips and other needs.
If you definitely move to another country within Europe, we are going the same benefits and treatments as in Spain, sometimes better and sometimes worse as you have to live.
greetings

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/20/2015 11:57 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.