hyper/hypothyroidism and diabetes

tenesper's profile photo   04/03/2011 11:51 a.m.

Hello everyone I would like to know if the bad control of diabetes can be related to thyroid problems.I have type 1 diabetes for 5 years and the glycosylated ones are 9 and 10.I have changed the treatment several times and nothing.And in this last analytical you a high value of Creatin Kinase (209) and a TSH value almost touching the allowed limit, do you have anything to see?

tenesper's profile photo
tenesper
04/03/2011 11:51 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello!

Thyroid problems can be the cause of bad diabetes control but a TSH value brushing the allowed limit is within the limits is therefore normal.

CPK is an enzyme that can be raised transitory and an isolated value is not used as a diagnostic criteria.In addition there are several isoenzymes (types) of CPK and the elevation of each means different things.A high CPK (209 is not very high) may be due to something as simple as you are a person who usually does sports, that you have done an intense sport in the last hours, to some muscle alteration or a trauma.

In any case, isolated values ​​and especially when they are not scandalous do not give much information.If your doctor has not told you anything about those values ​​I would not worry much in principle and if it were you, I would follow those values ​​from time to time and if they increase I would start worrying.

A 9-10 glycosilated held for so long is scandalous and of course it is to worry, you have to lower it anyway.What treatment do you have?What are you guideline?With so little information it is difficult to guide you.

If you have tried everything and nothing works for you, I advise you the bomb, I do not carry it but here there are people who know a lot about bombs that could guide you.

I hope that glycosilada solutions;) And in principle I would not worry much about the other.Anyway, ask your doctor that I am not a doctor.

SLDS

martagsc's profile photo
martagsc
04/03/2011 6:18 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Without going into details, the answer is yes.Type I diabetes usually have a high incidence rate of other diseases that are also autoimmune, for example, thyroid ... and I don't know why, but the thyroid problem is much more present in diabetics than in diabetics.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
04/12/2011 11:05 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.