{'en': 'Is there any type 1 diabetic living alone?', 'es': '¿hay algún diabetico tipo 1 viviendo solo?'} Image

Is there any type 1 diabetic living alone?

noelia2004's profile photo   04/13/2011 5:45 p.m.

I would like to know if someone who reads my message, and is type 1 diabetic live alone?And if I could tell me how it carries it?

Thank you.

noelia2004's profile photo
noelia2004
04/13/2011 5:45 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It is as if I lived alone ... My father is older, half deaf (because he does not put the headphones ...: Evil:: x) and until recently with his view annoyed by a Dmae ...
At most I could call emergencies ... although if I had a hicc

In these 6 years (almost 7 already: shock :) With the disease I have never felt in danger to see me alone.

For me, the sensation of disease control is very important (very different thing to have good or bad controls).A good sense of control gives self -confidence and makes you face everything more easily.

And another important parameter is to raise awareness that this depends on oneself, we can have people around who support us and help us at many times, but at the end of everything we are who must take responsibility for our body (not only for glycemia).

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/14/2011 3:26 p.m.

Thanks for answering,

Is your treatment with insulin or pump pen?

All the best

noelia2004
04/14/2011 4:51 p.m.

With insulin bolis ...

DiabetesForo
04/16/2011 7:54 a.m.

-Do you have the continuous glucose meter?It is that I read it online, and it seemed good because it gives you an alarm in hypoglycemia, and it is committed to my brother's endocrine but told me that it does not enter the insurance so they are charis, and that it did not seem good.
But from the doctors I was very little.

All the best.

noelia2004
04/16/2011 5:12 p.m.

No, I don't carry a continuous meter

For this forum there are several that carry a meter, if you go through the thread of the pumps there is a specific thread of meters.

There are currently 2 problems with the continuous meter:

- price.The consumables are quite carillos (60-70euros per week) and the issuer itself around 1100 euros
- Invasive.It is click subcutaneously and is another puncture to add to those of insulin

The continuous meter is very useful, especially in case of very changing (labile) diabetes and very difficultly controllable.

If you ask for the possible hypos when sleeping, whenever I wake up at midnight it is because I have hypo ... is mathematician.I've always woken up, I always notice the hypos.
So that gives me security at bedtime, although I never go to bed without making a measurement before.

DiabetesForo
04/17/2011 3:59 a.m.

Owash, the same thing happens to you.I always sleep from the pull, and if I wake up it is just because I am low, I have, if I am low I am not able to sleep again, so I always have juices on the nightstand ...

DiabetesForo
04/17/2011 6:02 a.m.

Well, if the meters are inaceted, what a price.
He had thought about it, as a solution to live alone.
But I see that everyone is right and there is nothing.

noelia2004
04/17/2011 5:25 p.m.

Hello,

I take the opportunity to introduce myself.It is my first message in the forum.
I am 25 years old and I am a diabetic since the 9. I have lived alone for 4 or 5 years .

I have never had any serious problems.Only some easily controllable hypoglycemia and a small scare for a mistake ... Luckily I realized.I confused the rapid insulin with the Lantus and put 16 units of rapid insulin.When I realized I called the ambulance and I was in observation a few hours.

For everything else, no problem;)

Anna4's profile photo
Anna4
08/09/2011 5:34 a.m.

Hello Anna Welcome to the forum.I also happened to me, I confused the insulins and I put me 15 quick200 !!!ha ha.Greetings.

david29's profile photo
david29
08/10/2011 11:28 a.m.

Lantús 0-22-0 Novorapid 3-7-0
Hemo 7

Hi David!

Well, when I realized I also got to sugar.He he.But as I live alone and far from the family, because I decided that it was best to be in a place where they could control myself well and where I felt safer.

In fact, I did not get off 150 at any time either.He he.

Anna4's profile photo
Anna4
08/10/2011 11:48 a.m.

I had a season living alone and it was when I had the sugarly controlled, because everything I ate weighed it, ate at the same time and my mood was not affected by discursions or other alterations that are lived by living in company,At night, as other colleagues have said, I wake up when I have it low.Greetings

Ariglo's profile photo
Ariglo
08/18/2011 1:11 p.m.

The other day my brother called my boyfriend's mobile at seven in the morning, they were not understood when speaking.So we took the car and fly.When I arrived I was soaked in sweat in bed, it had been like the head and went away.I gave him sugar, Glucosport and after eating all that I did the test and still had 50.
Then I was better, and I didn't know how I had called or because I also call a friend.
Nor did he unlikely before dinner he had 154 and put 4 quickly.2 hours later it had 220.
This scares what if it doesn't call?
It seems a lie that having this so many people there is nothing.

noelia2004
09/28/2011 4 p.m.

What are you afraid of being a mother of a 6 -year -old diabetic child and I think, although there is still much left, that when my son goes out alone with his friends, he wants to be out days, studying outside ... They are so many things that until nowI had raised them;I guess when my son arrives will be responsible for his illness but everything is so difficult from my point of view.It is my first time in the forum and I want to thank you for everything you have helped me so far, thank you very much

carmendaniel's profile photo
carmendaniel
10/08/2011 5:44 p.m.

Hi Carmen, when your child is age to do all those things you are talking about and that we have done all already will have such controlled diabetes (not in the sense of good control that also but that it will be part of your life) thatYou will have no problem.I debuted with 5 years, today I have 32, I have been living alone since the 18moment.99% of the diabetics I know that they are not few have done the same and surely if you ask here many people can confirm it.The fact that your child is able to do all those things when he is greater will depend largely on what you taught him and the independence you give him, but surely in a few years you will miss that he returns home every daysleep ;)

martagsc's profile photo
martagsc
10/08/2011 6:42 p.m.

Carmen, welcome to the forum.

We are quite the parents of diabetic children who reach that age in which you have to release the rope, and it is not easy, but it is necessary.

My daughter is now 17 years old and starts going out at night, to sleep at friends house, etc.And they try alcohol, perhaps joints, like any kid of their age, because it is the age of trying.
The really important thing is that they have a solid base to grab when they doubt and learn to say "no", or "no more."
It is also essential to meet their friends, help them choose them, to know their friends what the problem they have and how to face hypoglycemia ...

You have time to prepare the land, and here you have us for doubts.

Health

DiabetesForo
10/08/2011 6:50 p.m.

Alea!We are here reading the same thing: D is that this issue worries us a lot.But they go ahead ..
Raquel is now spending 5 days in Barcelona making a project with the classmates and teachers of the school.I am quite calm because, putting the lantus in the morning, it does not usually have hypos at night and, if you ever have them, you wake up and take a juice.
What you have to find is the guideline and insulin that minimizes those nocturnal hypos.Until we found it we couldn't sleep calmly, but now yes.You have to let them live their life and trust that everything will do well.
Marta, what time do you wear the Lantus?You carry almost the same treatment as my daughter and you debuted at the same age.I am very encouraged to read you: D, because I see that my daughter wants to do the same, she even tells me about going to work to another country ...
Kisses

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/08/2011 7:09 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Ah!I see now that you put it at night .. Raquel had to change in the morning, precisely for the noctunas hypos.5 years ago he puts it at 11h and this problem ended, and it lasts 24 hours.Kisses.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/08/2011 7:16 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Hi Regina,

I have changed the Lantus A at night not long ago since if it did not arrive high to breakfast.As soon as I changed, I got low to breakfast but I have already controlled it and the truth is that now unless exceptions of 150 or so on the whole day.As for going to work abroad because I have done it and I really do not see the paste, I think everyone, diabetic or should not do it at least once in their life.The only thing is that your daughter just like any diabetic because you will have to be careful with some things that on the other hand also has to take care of here so there will be no differences :)

martagsc's profile photo
martagsc
10/10/2011 4:14 p.m.

Marta, because you must think very similar, she does not see great inconvenience to diabetes, she is accustomed since a child and the controls have become a routine.In addition to Lantus there are no schedules in meals, and that allows you to make a very normal life.
He is studying the last year of architecture, in February the end of the career will begin, and given the panorama that is here to work, he would not mind going abroad .., I am already reassuring myself quite a lot and letting it be the one who whoHe occupies his life.
A hug

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/10/2011 7:41 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.