Great variations between sensor and hair glycemia

Via's profile photo   05/02/2011 8:51 p.m.

Hello everyone.
I just registered in the forum, because I have ever passed here as a reader and I think that sharing experiences among equals, can always help.
I am a diabetic since my first child's pregnancy, makes this 32 years.From the beginning I debuted as DM1 and there have been many variations in both insulin doses, laboratories, guidelines .., for which I have been passing, trying to compensate a little, my "crazy diabetes"
Since September 2010, I have insulin bomb, Medtronic Paradigm, with minilink for continuous glucose control.
Having reduced the 6 or 7 daily punctures to only 1 every 3 `0 4 days for cannula change, it seems to me the best gifts.However, my glycemic decompensations continue and perhaps, more accused.

I am having from the beginning, problems between the sensor values ​​and the capillaries, being, often as disparate as being marked an hypo and suspending the pump, and I have 110, 120mg, even 140mg _ and to these capillaries I give them allReliability, because I have no hiccup symptoms, and when this happens, of course I do nothing.I must say, when I have authentic hypos, my symptoms are ... very obvious!
But TB occurs otherwise, eg this morning, I was marking after the desi greater than 400, when in capillary it was 260 !!And this happens one day yes and another TB.
Of course we are crazy about my endos and me.I have raised these situations several times to the technical services of Medtronic, without giving the problem.

My concrete question is to know if among the lodges that you use sensors. Do you occur to you similar situations to those that I have just exposed?
Whenever you administer Bolus, do you make hair measurements?Or on the contrary, do you look at your sensor's figures?

I impatiently wait for your answers.
Greetings.

Via's profile photo
Via
05/02/2011 8:51 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello via, welcome to the forum !!!!
We double the minilink ... The first day, what you tell, so we calibrate several times, especially after a rise, a descent, to take the correct reference values ​​... butOnce the reliability is already calibrated, it is very high, yes, if there is an abrupt rise or lowIt happens), but that has its logic, so you have to wait for glycemia and then calibrate ...
I do not know how long you have the meter, or if the sensors you use are the same lot, it occurs to me that they could be defective, but come on, the MEDRORONIC S. Post -sell works greatly, surely some solution has to be there, it insists that it insists thatCheck you the transmitter, or the sensors.
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/03/2011 6:16 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Thanks Velia for your reception and above all for your advice.
I've been with the pump and sensor for 8 months.They had never told me about calibrating the sensor after a decrease or rise, quite the opposite, both the endo and the educ in diabetes, they always recommend caliber in moments of stability and never too high or low- thing that in my case is very difficult, very difficult,Well, I think I have already said, that I have a labile, very complicated diabetes.
But your advice, convinces me, is very reasonable, so that it can detect opposite oscillations, and be sure that I will put it into practice, in the next sensor change.
I have not finished understanding very well, when you say that the first day you calibrate several times more than 4?
The possible cause of lots in poor condition, discarded, because of the same lot are given to other patients and do not present these problems.
I have already changed the transmitter and the 1st week of change, it seemed that the results were more chords, but already, behaved again identically.
When I have consulted with the ST D Metrronic - Super Attentive - most of the time they agree to point out my instability, there are hardly any moments of stability.ülimously, I put the alarm clock around 5 or 6 Q is a quieter moment, of course the rest of day ... I see myself and wish because before meals, which is supposed to be better, I or I am in the clouds or touchingThe hypo, of course, after the intake ....

Velia, I congratulate you for your availability in offering your support and advice, because I have been able to verify that you do it with the majority of foros.

Well from now on, we will have reasons to meet and share opinions and / or experiences.

A cordial greeting.

Via's profile photo
Via
05/03/2011 8:46 p.m.

Via, thanks for your words: D, the truth is that this forum will not have, but people who know and want to help are not missing ...
Let's see if you put it into practice and it serves you, you will tell us the next sensor.Ah, one thing, if the difference between the gluco and the minilink is greater than 100, do not calibrate all once, calibrate in such a way that there is no difference greater than 100, and at the time or hour and a half you measure again and measure again again andCalibrate, so you will save the calibration error.
Regarding the first day and the number of calibrations, it depends, if it is very stable and immediately measures well to do 4 or 5, yes, trying to catch the ups and downs, if it is very unstable, I measure it every time as if it did not carryThe sensor.
Greetings, and keep telling.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/05/2011 7:31 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Velia, reading you in the other thread of the bombs, I found an answer to a strangeness that I asked me when you told me that you used the sensor, twice.Hahaha!I did not know what you were referring to, and I spinned in my head, imagining that you reuse them or I don't know that other things.
Now I understand, it is your husband and your daughter who use them

Well, this early morning, I changed my sensor and did not produce almost pain in the area I chose -Muslo- I tried to leave my leg as relaxed and then continued sleeping.Then diven, a "paincillo", but passable.

As at 03.30h and 07h, I had put 1.20un and 0.9un corrective bowling, respectively, when the time has come to calibrate the new sensor, my blood glucose was in 114. A record for me.

Now Velia, my question is:

- I re -calibrate it another 3 Ò 4 times a day, taking advantage of moments of hyper and hip?I hope that they occur, because only 2 days ago it is usual in me, loud climbs and then some other hypo before the food.Today, for the 2nd consecutive day, I have not heard the insistent ascent alerts, after breakfast (the highest figures today: 175), although I am fearing that the trend is going down, since 114 has already appeared.And 84 in the gluco, I just measured !!

As it will not give the chance that you are currently connected, I think that I will let it go a little more, to try to catch the descent, before I have to put sugary remedy.

Come, we keep reading.

Via's profile photo
Via
05/07/2011 8:04 a.m.

Hello via, now I send you a private with our TFNO.If you think you are called and we talk better ...
I would calibrate with 84, unless you are going down sharply ... I explain, it is not good to calibrate when you are going up or going down, you have to wait for it to be stable, that is, it is going down or climbing 1 or 2 or 2 or 2 or 2 or 2 or 2 or 2 or 2That is stable .... What is good is to calibrate after a rise or down but taking into account that, that stable blood glucose is already ... and as I told you in another post never calibrate by the total if the differenceBetween the sensor and the gluco is greater than 100.
Greetings.
By the way, yes, hahaha, it is my husband and my daughter who use it.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/07/2011 9:40 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

I would point something more, do not calibrate and eat below, because your glycemia will change quickly.I explain how we do it, my son is little, so stability is not his strong hehe!When in the last hour or half an hour it has remained in a stable blood glucose or with differences of 20 (you will see the graph) we always calibrate it in a range between 80-150, and not administer insulin or eat for up to 20 minutes.It seems difficult but if I do it with a child, for you that you are an adult should be easier.Like Velia on the first day of the sensor to calibrate several times, 4-5, for us the first day is the worst of the sensor, then we calibrate little, 2-3, more than anything because finding moments of "good calibrations" is notEasy, and experience has shown us that there is a better good.As Velia explains, if there is a lot of difference between hair glycemia and sensor blood glucose, not calibers, it is best to maintain a constant calibration factor.If you have no choice but to calibrate, it asks you to measure GS, and it is not the most appropriate time, it calibrates, but as soon as you see a moment of stability again, even if they have only spent hours.To prevent this, there is an alarm that warns you an hour before which you have to calibrate, it gives you time to take the measures to avoid bad calibrations, for example: it is 13.30 and warns you "Measure GS at 14.30",At 14.30 you will be eating or you will eat, it is not an adequate moment, so you know that you will have to calibrate before, or eat later, in that case I would calibrate at 13.30.
If you have any more questions, ask, I agree with you that they do not explain to you, if you do not ask it specifically, the operation of the sensor is not as simple as I insert it, I calibrate it when I ask and run.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
05/08/2011 8:09 a.m.

HELLO:

I am diabetics for 27 A and I am very labile I have a lot of asymptomatic hypoglycemia and I am very sensitive to insulin.I decided to buy a Glycemia sensor from the Dexcom brand previously provided those of Medtronic and those of Dexcom were more.I have been using them for 2 months and lately they measure fatal sometimes they also tell me that I have 400mg and maybe I have 180mg especially the first 48h.Not for more caliber measures better you just have to do it in moments of stable glycemia.To me the dexcom have told me that maybe they measure me badly because I have little fat and it's my turn with the muscle and I don't know where to put it.There are people who measure them well in buttock that does not measure me well.
Try other buttock areas, arm and if you are very thin, I may not measure you well or last a few days.

yaiza's profile photo
yaiza
05/13/2011 5:17 a.m.

Hi Yaiza.

Wow, I'm already finding others with situations similar to mine.

You speak that you have frequent asymptomatic hypos and I ask myself: if you do not notice the symptoms and to top it off, the meter goes "on your own" ... how do you solve them?Making very frequent measurements?

I think that we have properly informed us to have the successful success with the sensor, it is always to calibrate in moments of stability, but, when it is as unstable as in our cases, how to find stable moments, when the constant climbing andDownloads, even at night?

Yaiza, when you talk about labile, how much can your fluctuations be between one and another sensor measurement, "in crazy moments"?

Greetings.

Via's profile photo
Via
05/13/2011 8:23 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.