Is cinnamon for diabetes good?

seghom's profile photo   05/11/2011 6:19 a.m.

Hello.

Well, to see if you know anything about it and if it is truly effective or is a hoax.Here you have the article that I just saw and talk about it:

Greetings.

seghom's profile photo
seghom
05/11/2011 6:19 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Many years ago I have heard the supposed hypoglycemic properties of cinnamon.Now there is some study even in between.And it seems that yes, it improves insulin sensitivity.But we talk about type 2 diabetics.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
05/11/2011 12:43 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

For many years that I have heard the supposed hypoglycemic properties of cinnamon.Now there is some study even in between.And it seems that yes, it improves insulin sensitivity.But we talk about type 2 diabetics.

My case is type 2, (and I hope it lasts a lot, although I doubt it and I am pessimistic).I told my doctor, to which he told me that they did not believe anything about these remedies ... there I let him be and what I do is look through other places.What is clear is that doctors always, or almost always, will be against everything that is not drugs that they can prescribe .... I no longer want to ask about Chinese acupuncture methods or others.

I don't know if trying to see how I am doing and if I notice any improvement.

Thank you very much for the answer and greetings.

seghom's profile photo
seghom
05/11/2011 1:42 p.m.

Well, it's not:

I translate the conclusions:
Canela does not seem to improve the A1C, FBG level, or lipid parameters in patients with type 1 diabetes or type 2 diabetes.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/11/2011 2:50 p.m.

Owash, thanks for the information.Greetings.

seghom's profile photo
seghom
05/11/2011 6:01 p.m.

Are anyone taking cinnamon with DM1?I have started trying with a teaspoon at night and it will be chance but fasting medication is better, buy cinnamon pills in herbalist and I will try a few weeks in case it works or not, I ask my nurse/endocrinethat being natural I can try it, of course I continue with my usual treatment without varying the guidelines

ddiabetico's profile photo
ddiabetico
11/06/2014 8 a.m.

Blog recetas dulces http://dulcediabetico.blogspot.co.uk/ DM1 Insulina Levemir+Humalog Debut 1988

Hello!!Well, I put cinnamon in breakfast milk and I have not noticed a difference from putting it or not

belefe74's profile photo
belefe74
11/06/2014 4:11 p.m.

Diagnosticada en 1997
Siempre intentando mejorar.

Let's go as good as oregano!What we lack insulin and we can already cinnamon the food that we will continue to need insulin

tica's profile photo
tica
11/06/2014 4:54 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Hahaha you are right, I put it for a long time because I like the taste but I had never heard anything like that

belefe74's profile photo
belefe74
11/06/2014 5:10 p.m.

Diagnosticada en 1997
Siempre intentando mejorar.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.