Congratulations twice!

IMADIS's profile photo   05/12/2011 5:32 p.m.

Good again.
Lately more active than usual, and it is not for less.This week was my birthday, and well, my wife made me the best gift I could do, and I'm going to be dad!Well, after the emotion and joy, now I feel as if all this that is happening to us was not true, I just see everything the same.But visits to see furniture, carts etc, are going towards our new future world that awaits us.

It is news happily expected by both of us since we were looking for it, age does not forgive and we both feel that the older worse to be daddy.
So better now than in a few years, to know ...

Joy in the family, joy at work, joy and the question of the million ... "What do you prefer, baby or baby?"Well, that Saint@ and without diabetes is our answer, I don't give it so much importance, but my wife ... is quite afraid.

Many diabetic papis, without diabetic children?Or a lot of diabetic dad with diabetic son?What a cousin?Could we do among us a small study that serves as a statistics?It is just a proposition to mere informative use for our curiosity.

Thanks and Sldos.

IMADIS's profile photo
IMADIS
05/12/2011 5:32 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

My congratulations imadis twice, as you say well.
Congratulations on your next paternity.Brilliant !!And also for your good result of the gyrose, now, with more reasons to keep it.

And here is my answer to that suggestion of yours -intentionist -as a study -study: daddy and/or diabetic mom@ & gt; children .... ???

Well look, I debuted with gestational dials in the last month of pregnancy of my first child, and at 5 months of his birth, it was already an authentic DM1.
At 3 years, I had another daughter, and fortunately, none of them, today, are diabetic.

If I have to tell you that since their first moments, I always took great care to take the least sweet, candy and possible refined hydrates.Never prohibit them, but aware that it was healthier and than my situation, they had to take care of more than other children, with balanced diets.It didn't cost me any work to get it.

Paradoxes of life: my parents, none has been diabetic and grandparents, we have no news and, here is via, a "diabeticone" from head to toe, hahaha

Therefore, to enjoy that wonderful waiting stage.

A hug

Via's profile photo
Via
05/14/2011 9:14 p.m.

Congratulations

Within a few months the greatest exercise you will do will be to chase a crio wherever you go: mrgreen:

I pass a link with the genetic risk:

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/15/2011 5:04 a.m.

Thanks for the contributions, very interesting both.Let's see if people are gradually encouraged.They do not need to be daddies, they can also be the children who answer about parents.
In my case I debuted last year, with thirty -beak (the peak is that I do not remember) without any history in the Diabetes family.

At the moment, there have been no changes on pregnancy, tomorrow, 8 weeks now!

IMADIS's profile photo
IMADIS
05/21/2011 7:41 a.m.

Hello!!Imaadis, I have been looking for a post equal to this to launch a question too.
Well look, my father had a problem with sugar 2 years but he controlled it and everything went well, he had no more control or anything.
In October, with almost 16 years I debuted with DM1.
He will definitely debuted my father with DM2.
And I love young children and someday I hope to have children and I also wanted to know how much possibility there is more or less ...
Good luck and encouragement!:)

Nadia16's profile photo
Nadia16
06/28/2011 10:26 p.m.

Congratulations

Within a few months the greatest exercise you will do will be to chase a crio wherever you go: mrgreen:

I pass a link with the genetic risk:

I had an idea that I was around 10% of my son to develop diabetes throughout his life.But according to that graph, the son of a type I diabetic father has a possibility between seventeen;That is, less than 6%.I don't think that is much more than the possibility of having certain very common diseases.

By the way, I edit to add that at the moment, my heir has nothing.Although only 14 months have passed.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
06/30/2011 12:31 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

I think I remember that, in general, the probability of having type 1 diabetes in Spain was around 1/200.
Obviously with paternal/maternal history, the thing changes ... or not.

Because of course, if I have not had a history close to diabetes, neither type 1 nor type 2 ... why my offspring would suffer that dominant inheritance?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/30/2011 1:17 p.m.

IMADISS !!Congratulations !!

roxio89's profile photo
roxio89
06/30/2011 7:02 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.