They prepare desserts for people with diabetes

fer's profile photo   05/31/2011 5:03 a.m.

Hello,

This post is not exactly a recipe, although I think it contains relevant information for the cooking recipes area, here I leave the news.

CREPS with Teff Flour with a high protein content, chocolate coun with a mixture of rice and cornmeal, fruits ice cream suitable for diabetics and biscuits with millet, quinoa or roasted corn are some of these dishes.

They are the result of a research project financed with Feder of the European Union, whose objective has been the elaboration of restaurant desserts specially designed for people affected with some type of allergy, intolerances or diabetes.

The objective of this research project developed by experts from the UPV Cuina Group is the elaboration of restaurant desserts specially designed for people affected with some type of allergy, intolerances or diabetes.

"Someone with gluten, lactose intolerance or any other peculiarity should not have any problem to enjoy a good dish in any restaurant," said Purification García, a researcher at the UPV Cuina Group.

According to Garcia, the biggest problems appear with desserts, where for these populations the offer is reduced to fruit and derivatives, since most traditional desserts carry in their composition, sugar, flour and milk.

Researchers have had the support of various restaurants from the Valencian Community and companies that offered their raw materials for the development of these dishes.

As substitutes for gluten flour, cereals and pseudocereales have used, specifically millet, sorghum, roasted corn, teff and quinoa.

"The advantages of these flours are that, in addition to not providing gluten, they contain up to 20 % more protein and 30 % more vitamin E than conventional wheat flour and also provide totally novel flavors and characteristics," says Garcia, highlights García.

In the case of sugar, they used as substitutes a commercial syrup derived from fruit sugar with which they have made ice cream and tagatosa, and for fiber contribution they used an already marketed product, also with high soluble fiber content and excellent digestive tolerance.

According to Garcia, fruit ice cream elaborated within the framework of this project have the same level of sensory and physicochemical quality as traditional ice cream, but with a lower caloric contribution and an adequate glycemic index for this population.

In addition, Teff flour creps, suitable for celiacs, stand out for their high protein content, according to the same sources.

In the case of biscuColor, flavor and texture, it was the best valued.

fer's profile photo
fer
05/31/2011 5:03 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

We are still very far :?

Are you also going to make a suitable paella for diabetics?

as long as carbohydrates do not invent that they do not raise the level of blood glucose (meaningless) ... Why do they insist on saying for diabetics?It's absurd ...

And the mania of encompassing in the same bag to diabetics and celiacs .... if it has nothing to do (genes separately)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/04/2011 5:06 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I recognize that with or without, suitable or not for diabetics, I do not usually throw much of these elaborate desserts.But for parties, you meet ... etc. Desserts of a pastry team next to the house, the owner is diabetic and I do not know if for this, but makes desserts on request with Estevia.I have not had a climb!And I can eat something else because when I go without sugar I have less HC than if it is a normal cake.
A few months ago I saw Diabalance custards and custards in the Super and tried.In the case of the custard and comment with my endocrine the climb was scandal, the flan how perfect.It passes a little as with the precooked dishes, in some cases they nail it in the indications with the HC and others because they do not approach.
In the end with or without sugar the question is not to abuse, count the HC well and put the insulin that touches

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
11/05/2015 2:06 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Hi, I have tried Diaben's flan and are very good :)

Javiologo's profile photo
Javiologo
11/22/2015 1:55 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you very much for the Fer information, you are pending everything

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/22/2015 7:40 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

This book is quite a while but it is very good, you can download the page.
Link

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
05/17/2017 10:44 a.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.