Calculate basal dose

Pinx0's profile photo   06/04/2011 3:35 p.m.

What technique do you recommend to refine the basal to the fullest?

My doctor recommended to skip a meal, for example dinner and do from 8pm to 4 or so, control every hour and then calculate the corrections depending on the sensitivity factor.

Is there any better way?(Taking into account that the ratios are sure to be bad too so that a meal would surely influence glycemia).

How many times should I repeat it to have a reliable estimate?

And that more ... does the schedules you are carrying influence?Being university I have a fairly irregular schedule, I go to the 1 that at 6 in the morning, and I get up at 7 or 12. The only stable would be food and dinner schedule ...

Pinx0's profile photo
Pinx0
06/04/2011 3:35 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

First you have to do the basal of the night to avoid the casualties .. Lonq can do is dinner at 4 -5 pm and not eat anything until the other day and measure glucose every two hours and see how it goes
I know that it is difficult but it is worth it and I agree with the glucose you have in that period has to reduce or increase the basal 2 hours before that period when the high or low occurs when you have adjusted test once again until you have itWell, then he does the morning in another day he does not eat breakfast and holds up to lunch and takes the glucose cors two hours and makes the necessary adjustments the same as he did with the one at night and for the afternoon he had breakfast at 8-9 am and leaves to the food 4-5 pm and does the adjustments according to glucose and then repeat it on another day, always do
The tests 2 times to confirm the basal.I know that it is hard to endure hunger during that time but in the end it is worth it .. good luck.

ManuelM's profile photo
ManuelM
06/05/2011 2:37 p.m.

Thanks for your answer, it is what the doctor had told me more or less, I will.

Pinx0's profile photo
Pinx0
06/05/2011 4:28 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.