Insulin and Sports Pump Competition

ANPUGA's profile photo   10/01/2014 9:40 a.m.

HELLO EVERYONE.I am type 1 diabetic for 20 years.I have decided to put insulin bomb (to improve my glycosilada and avoid complications or lengthening them) Paradigm I see Minimed.I would please ask for people who have experience with insulin bomb, how about intense sport and bomb? Advantages-inconveniences-functioning, etc.

Today they have explained to me and in a time I will take it ... and I have been worried about the consultation, I have even been about to advocate this project.

The sport I do is competition basketball ,,, I sincerely think it is a move to carry the pump and do this type of sport (no light).I am afraid that for some blow, fall, etcLittle high.

Well greeting everyone and a lot of encouragement with this disease that has had to carry, thank you in advance.

ANPUGA's profile photo
ANPUGA
10/01/2014 9:40 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello,
In basketball where the changes are frequent and it is rare to be more than 25 or 30 minutes on the court, I would not take it on, it is likely to leave you.It is dangerous a pull or that I liped in catheter ... I disconnect it and according to how I see that my body reacts every half hour or time I would put half a unit or 0.25.You sit down, you drink water and connect the pump 1 minute and disconnect it, so if you have s souther

tica's profile photo
tica
10/01/2014 10:04 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Oh I forgot.For training I would take her well protected.You can try to wear a neoprene case of those mobile in your arm and the catheter that comes out of your sleeve.There is a catheter of 110, with tape you can fix it that length with body already if it is safer before a pull

tica's profile photo
tica
10/01/2014 10:07 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

You can also make disconnections up to 3 hours maximum, (3 hours in 3 hours) although I suppose you will have enough.I tell you for training or if you want even the full game

belefe74's profile photo
belefe74
10/01/2014 12:32 p.m.

Diagnosticada en 1997
Siempre intentando mejorar.

Thank you very much for your comments

ANPUGA's profile photo
ANPUGA
10/06/2014 6:02 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.