Approved in the European Union La Animas Vibe

DiabetesForo's profile photo   06/30/2011 1:08 p.m.

Approved in the European Union La Animas Vibe

The Animas® Vibe ™ is a new insulin pump that has a continuous glucose meter integrated.

On June 2 Animas announced that he had obtained approval in the European Union of the new insulin bomb “Animas Vibe” and that it will be launched in July in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy and Sweden, hopefully soonInclude the rest of the European countries.

The pump will include the fourth generation of Dexcom sensors, which will have the lowest market insertion needle, an improved accuracy of the measurements and a period of initiation of only 1 hour that is half of the current sensors.Another interesting novelty is that animas Vibe will be submersible that will facilitate its use.

Many people will appreciate not having to take 2 devices such as the meter and the pump but both integrated, such as the Paradigm System of Medtronic, although Animas Vibe we believe that it represents a second generation of the pump integration and continuous glucose measurement and provides someclear advantages.

An additional advantage is that the Animas Vibe system can be downloaded online to the Diasend system and with security and privacy the medical equipment we can see the data of our patients when they download them from their homes.

In Clinidiabet we hope to be among the first diabetes units in Spain that offer this great novelty to our patients.

Ramiro Antuña de Alaiz
Educational Treatment Unit

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/30/2011 1:08 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

For a minute you have taken my news: Mrgreen:

The chubbing ... it's even Bonico :))

And it can be immersed ... finally patients with diabetes can be shower;)

DiabetesForo
06/30/2011 1:12 p.m.

hahaha...... ;)

It is another option, great news.

DiabetesForo
06/30/2011 1:14 p.m.

Good news ... for those who are lucky to put it on.Because:

1. That bomb will not have it in a general way in hospitals, because it is more expensive than others.And the SS is not going to buy the most expensive models.

2. In most hospitals, very pumps are placed.For example, in the Basque Country we have already complained that almost none gets.They argue that they have no specialized personnel and remain so wide.Even in the summer colonies that we organized for children last year, children with bomb could not sign) That "those days use feathers" (¡¡¡!!!!!!).

3. Even assuming you put it, the "continuous meter" will be inactive, because they will not provide you supplies, since it is not yet among the benefits of our health system.That is, you will have to apoquinar you approx.300 euros per month that costs "to feed" the continuous meter.

That said ... I want a continuous meter !!!!!I need it.I love you.I want it and I want it.And I want it now.(But I can't pay 300 per month).

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
07/01/2011 3:51 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

You are right gondullo, but the more competition there are among laboratories, the more possibilities we will have to reduce prices, right? .... I want to think:-/

DiabetesForo
07/01/2011 3:55 a.m.

I also need a continuous meter, but I can't afford it either.God, to be able to anticipate and avoid those so unpleasant hypoglycemia, especially in certain social situations, observe how glucose fluctuates sports according to intensity, in stress situations, .... I cannot understand how the SS does not facilitate it.Everything is advantages from the point of view of a better control of our disease.And the cost I am sure that in the medium/long term it would be amortized.So what the pussy are they waiting for?They will be Membrillos !!

pertuak's profile photo
pertuak
07/01/2011 7:12 a.m.

We always talk about the economic viability of the continuous meter, I am totally in favor.Gondurulo, are you involved in the subject of associations, right?As we could ask that they include it in the safety catalog, is there any "popular request" route?I don't have much idea how these things are organized, but if you need my collaboration, I am here.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
07/16/2011 9:31 p.m.

The continuous meter is not regulated in any way, I think.

Reactive strips are supplied with patients in different ways according to the Autonomous Community;In fact, only in 4 autonomies the 5 trademarks are dispensed that operate today in Spain: Roche, Abbott, Lifescan, Menarini and Bayer.
In all communities, a supply contest is used, public, by which characteristics, prices, guarantees, supplies forms etc ... are defined ... and that is valid both for products destined for patients and for internal consumptionof the health centers.

However, insulin pumps do not work the same.Each hospital has an annual budget (which they consider) aimed at the purchase of insulin pumps.
The specific brand depends on the reports issued by the Endocrinology Service and the commercial agreements that arrive with any of the 3 commercial houses (Medtronic, Roche and Animas).
Thus, the bombs are from the hospital and yields to patients for use ... surely all firefighters have signed a role where you put this.

Fede, perhaps together with thirst, could promote the regulation of cases where the continuous glycemia meter was cost-effective.
In a similar way to what happens with insulin bombs, a legislative framework that regulates the prescription would help increase its use.
Each hospital could also allocate an annual budget for the placement of continuous meters.
The theory says that if we increase the demand we reduce prices ... type "fish bite"

The first would be to carry out scientific, independent (if possible) studies of commercial brands, which will determine when and where is the point of cost-effectiveness, under the parameters of economic cost, improvement of quality of life and metabolic control.
At this point, Fede could also be the driver of those studies ... In my opinion, instead of being a "claiming passive agent" I would endow an external image of "active agent"
But this is a separate discussion.

Gondrullo, proposes it to friend Angel Cabrera ... that he knows very well the themes of the bombs.

DiabetesForo
07/17/2011 4:07 a.m.

The issue of SS benefits (and that would be a benefit) is very complicated to fight.Including as provision supplies for continuous meters (even assuming that the meters we buy them) is already a difficult option for us as a collective.So Owash has said very well at the end of his message.For each step that they "throw" from studies: studies that support this, that support that ... in a way it is understandable, but right now we are at a time when there are no studies that endorse that "the implementation of aContinuous measurement system supposes an improvement of x% of glycosylated hemoglobin in the patient. "And that in the same (or in others) it is said that "the implementation of a continuous glucose measurement system involves a reduction in complications derived from diabetes by x%."We need studies that contain as conclusion these two magical phrases.And then, pass the necessary filter of the pecuniary matter, since the health authorities are not King Midas, and they have a budget to adjust, so they cannot dispense all possible medications and therapies even if they are very effective.

That is, the thing is still green.Although to be positive, it should be noted that in not a few hospitals, they are being placed for some time now, pump-sensor systems.In some cases for studies, in others simply for "normal" patients ... Little by little everyone will realize that a well -used continuous measurement system (this is another debatible issue), implies irremissibly in a type 1 patient 1 aImprovement in hemoglobin and therefore, in complications.I at least have it very clear.And from the Fede too.And it is an issue that is there in its goals.However, I will ask our President Ángel Cabrera on this issue.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
07/18/2011 6:54 a.m.

Thirst has a position on the subject: Link ... 202009.pdf
It is nothing more than a "toast to the sun", yes, there are meters and can be useful but ... we lack more studies.
Lay, do them ...
As always, they rely a lot on the ADA ... to see if they ever consider reference most of Spanish publications ...
If I want (because I am on vacation: Twisted :) I will look at what I have filed on this subject and see if I get any more publication.

My perception (without data that supports it), focusing on the economic issue (main problem), is that from 7 daily digital glycems the meter is effective cost.
Therefore, little by little that prices would come down a little we would be in acceptable ranges for economic managers to give the OK.

A continuous glycemia meter in a pancreas transplant should be at least interesting ...
Even in long and complex surgical operations of diabetes, the use of the continuous meter could be very useful ... although perhaps even more during the postoperative period.

As for Fede's theme ... because what he said of being an active agent, being proactive ... etc.
Although there are thousands of issues and problems to solve ... and it is understandable that it is not reached.

And although I am no longer linked to the associative world, if I can be useful in something ... My email is available in my profile.

DiabetesForo
07/18/2011 8:46 a.m.

Thirst has a position on the subject:
It is nothing more than a "toast to the sun", yes, there are meters and can be useful but ... we lack more studies.
Lay, do them ...
As always, they rely a lot on the ADA ... to see if they ever consider reference most of Spanish publications ...
If I want (because I am on vacation: Twisted :) I will look at what I have filed on this subject and see if I get any more publication.

My perception (without data that supports it), focusing on the economic issue (main problem), is that from 7 daily digital glycems the meter is effective cost.
Therefore, little by little that prices would come down a little we would be in acceptable ranges for economic managers to give the OK.

A continuous glycemia meter in a pancreas transplant should be at least interesting ...
Even in long and complex surgical operations of diabetes, the use of the continuous meter could be very useful ... although perhaps even more during the postoperative period.

As for Fede's theme ... because what he said of being an active agent, being proactive ... etc.
Although there are thousands of issues and problems to solve ... and it is understandable that it is not reached.

And although I am no longer linked to the associative world, if I can be useful in something ... my email is available in my profile.

You are right.I also think that a massive implementation of continuous measurement systems in type 1 patients would allow to reduce middle glycosylated hemoglobin in an interesting value, and in addition, a brutal cheaper of hard prices and its consumables, entering as you say goodIn a more than possible pricing fork, bearable by our health system.The cost of the consumables that diabetics currently use is an argument that has ever been thrown to us on their part, when in reality such expenses are a ridiculous percentage, especially compared to the subsequent expenses that those same people would generate inA future with the sequels of poorly controlled diabetes.We return to the usual;A medicine oriented to acute and not prevention.I think that in diabetes a good prevention is better than paying after the expensive expenses (and here I speak only of pasta for the system) that causes if you control it badly.

Finally, I publish that my personal opinion is that finally, the continuous measurement systems will reach the health system as something subsidized.When?Well, maybe I don't see it so close, because the current situation will delay it.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
07/18/2011 9:33 a.m.

I leave a link to an article published in the magazine Diabetes Care this year on glycemia monitoring.
An essay that demonstrates that the use of the continuous glycemia meter reduces the number of hypoglycemia and glycosylated statistically significantly.
The most important thing about this study is its sample size: 120 patients
Other studies include 12.20, 30 patients ...

Of course, the study is paid by Abbott (owner of the Navigator).

The link (in English): http: //www.svedyn.com/images/stories/continus_glucose_monitoring.pdf

Let's see if I find something about costs and effectiveness ...

DiabetesForo
07/18/2011 2:09 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.