Tonsillectomy

Ana82's profile photo   07/13/2011 10:33 a.m.

Hello:
Has someone who is diabetic removed the tonsils being diabetic?
I appreciate the experience.
Greetings!

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
07/13/2011 10:33 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Pos it seems that there is no one;)

The operation itself does not have much history, right?except 1-2 days with diet and the consequent modification of insulin guidelines.
I imagine that both before and later, antibiotics will be placed because tonsillitis is still an infection.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/18/2011 11:30 a.m.

You are all great from angina !!!:)) :))
Thanks Owash!

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
07/19/2011 4:32 a.m.

The angina took me 3 years ago, but it was not yet diabetic, like this, it is not told that iteration can have one thing with the other, although I suppose that by controlling the glycemia a little more and correcting if necessary it will be worth it.

To remove angina do not get antibiotics, if you have infection, you are expected to pass to operate.
In adults they say, and I believe it, that it is worse than in the case of children.
I remember the recovery of the operation as the worst angina that I have ever had, without fever, but with a lot of pain.It alternated paracetamol with ibuprofen and in the end they had to give me corticosteroids too.
Of course, since then I forgot to be every month and a half or two, a bad week in bed with 38-39 of fever, even I had a bad time, I do not regret having taken them removed.

The year before the operation, it was my first approach to the needles, hehe.I spent it whole, putting penicillin injections every 15 days, and at first it seemed that it worked, but soon, I took them back again and that's why they operated on me.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/22/2011 12:09 p.m.

Thanks Neihs.
I thank you very much that you told me your experience :)

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
07/26/2011 10:54 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.