Parents of children with Dexcom: Finally Real Time Distance Monitoring: Nightscout System

nuriavegal's profile photo   10/01/2014 5:27 p.m.

Good night.

Since last weekend, we can monitor my daughter's values ​​from any device and from anywhere even if she is not with us.We can see what your dexcom marks in real time through any mobile, tablet, laptop ....., all thanks to the Nightscout system.

The basic system consists of an Android mobile phone (receiver) permanently connected to the Dexcom receiver using an OTG Cable.The steps of the installation from the beginning to the start -up, are explained in very complete tutorials with demonstrative videos that make no room for error.Without having computer knowledge, just following the steps is mounted in a simple way.

The first step is to request that they add you to the Facebook group: CGM in the cloud, to access the tutorials.

We have changed our lives, now we have it continuously monitored when my parents take care of it in the morning, without the need to be calling them every two to see how it is.

I encourage all parents whose children take Dexcom to install it, it is wonderful.

nuriavegal's profile photo
nuriavegal
10/01/2014 5:27 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Very good!!!!!I was seeing that the subject was going for me to take it on the clock but I was not able to understand anything, ha ha ha.
Nuriavegal If you can at least thank you and please ask you if you can tell us how it is done.I was watching videos and others but I don't find out, it is true that I walk something stuck with English.

Greetings and
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!That if I see it an important advance.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/01/2014 5:45 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Hello...

Well, the steps are many !!!, simple to follow but many.I did not know what I was doing, I only followed the steps behind each other without skipping one, which is what they say on the Facebook page that is essential for everything to work.I would be unable to reproduce step by step what we were doing.As for the issue of English, being simple and short instructions it was not difficult for me to understand each step and I had doubts I looked for it in a translator, but as I tell you, if I had to do it again, I would have to go step by step anotherOnce I don't remember ..., we were a two -hour time, following the manuals step by step.Probably a computer scientist would know how to make a summary, because he sure understands what he is doing ...

I can recommend what phone do it for example, because that I already took to find out on the Facebook page to go to shoot "Motorola Moto G", I bought the OTG cable at Mediamarkt and the Internet card for the receiver mobile when not when notThere are wifi, we took a € 7/month rate of Tuenty.

I think that on the Facebook page someone hung a PDF with the whole procedure but in of course, I can look for it and if I find it to pass it to you to print it and maybe it is easier to translate or you can even ask a friend to take ahand with the words that you do not understand, or translate it with the Google translator directly, that something helps.

The concept is that the Dexcom receiver is now linked to a mobile that reads its data, this mobile must be a slave mobile dedicated only to this, it should not be used to make calls, put messages or anything at all, its only function is to readContinuously the Dexcom data and pouring them into a database, these data are read from a program that what it does is turn them on a website of yours that you also believe in a free server, which you access from any device.Step by step tutorials guide you to set up all this system, without error.

nuriavegal
10/01/2014 6:15 p.m.

It may seem complicated but it's very simple !!

nuriavegal
10/01/2014 6:17 p.m.

I am nonsense for all the parents who have a diabetic child, what a tranquility you will have.

I'm very happy to hear it.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/01/2014 6:27 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Yes .... Within how difficult and complicated that diabetes is for parents, in very young children like my daughter who is still much more years old, this advance is a real oxygen chute yes ....

nuriavegal
10/01/2014 6:32 p.m.

I was to do it to do it, to put it on a Pebble watch, so the meter would leave in my backpack and in the clock I would see everything.But having to buy a mobile only for that and a card with the Internet just for that throws me back.How many megabytes spends more or less, in case I find any economic rate and I encourage.Thank you.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
10/02/2014 4:42 a.m.

Do not spend much, talk about 500MB, I have taken a 1GB of € 7.
You need the mobile with Pebble.

nuriavegal
10/02/2014 11:19 a.m.

In the backpack you would have to carry the Dexcom and the receiver mobile.

nuriavegal
10/02/2014 11:19 a.m.

I see it more for parents the truth, for oneself it is expensive yes, but for us, the tranquility it gives us is priceless.

nuriavegal
10/02/2014 11:20 a.m.

Hello, I write to you from Uruguay, it is very important to read them and observe your comments.I have a 2 -year -old girl with type1 diabetes and this continuous control device associated with a tablet or phone would be a brilliant solution to know their values ​​while we are in our respective jobs and she at school
My question is whether I send it from the United States or Spain we can control it and schedule it without needing a close support of the company.??

Thank you very much for the answer.
Claudio

Claudio's profile photo
Claudio
10/15/2014 5:54 p.m.

I am very happy for you nuriavegal !!!;-)

fer's profile photo
fer
10/15/2014 6:35 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Thanks Fer!

Claudio, the operation and handling of the DEXCOM is simple and you also have a quite complete user manual and on the Internet there are videos of how to insert the sensor.Then setting up the remote monitoring system through a tablet, mobile or smartwhatch is also easy because the installation guide is very step by step.What I do not know is if you can acquire the Dexcom in the USA, because there is financed and prescribed by doctors, you cannot buy it for free and in Spain I do not know if it can be purchased from another country and if you can, it will cost youA grassland the purchase of sensors .... It may be more practical and economical to acquire it in Chile or Colombia .... Enter the Dexcom website to see distributors by countries and contact some that inform you.

nuriavegal
10/16/2014 11:23 a.m.

Smartwatch forgiveness ... ;-)

nuriavegal
10/16/2014 11:25 a.m.

Again!!!Smartwatch!Jolines with the predictive !!

nuriavegal
10/16/2014 11:26 a.m.

Well, all this would be easier if Dexcom wanted ... and I say, because they can of course.

Link approved 12-2013

And there you have the manual

Link

And these do not release a garment ... when the competition "tightens" they will release it ... as always.They give us what interests them.Almost 1 year ago we could be transmitting by Bluetooth to mobile phones and smartwatches without these inventions ....

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
10/19/2014 6:37 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

But is the apparatus for sale?

nuriavegal
10/22/2014 5:28 a.m.

Hi Nuria ... Well, 22, that is today ... as Jconegar commented ... it is in the store (what happens that the Dexcom's online store shows no prices unless you are patient and have your recipe).The price is $ 299, including the free storage service ... that is, you only need the base ... and today an iPod or iPhone to connect and transmit (an iPod with WiFi is sufficient, but you are always subject tothe wifi).I suppose that the update for Android will come out, and if Dexcom does not do it, quiet, those of Nightcout Project will do it :).

It is of course an important advance, an advance that they give us now and have prepared for 1 year (but as the Abbott's flash now comes out, just these days, because they take it out to get "in front" with other characteristics ...Always ... the same as the Slim transmitter).

To be able to connect the Dexcom by Bluetooth to the mobile to transmit ... it is ideal.Ideally, Dexcom itself had the Bluetooth (it was rumored that they were going to get a firmware to "activate it" but in the end it was a rumor).The issue of connected cables is a gowing, it must be said, apart from needing a phone that is not worth anything else.Now you can carry a mobile that you use on a personal level, and that same mobile, send your data by Bluetooth.

Now we will see at what price comes here, which will be 299 euros+VAT, that is, about 400 euros ... here the change 1-1 always applies, and when the dollar goes up, they upload it more ... but when it goes down, whenLike the gas stations ... since we are high.

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
10/22/2014 10:06 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

These Dexcom are absurd, they get the gossip only for Apple and the desktop application only for Windows!An applause ^:) ^

I don't drink them!But you have to die to the stick

tica's profile photo
tica
10/22/2014 6:11 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Although it seems that it has already been commented, here I leave a link with more information about the Dexcom Share, which apparently is already on sale on the Dexcom website.

Link

Greetings,

fer's profile photo
fer
01/16/2015 5:10 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.