Glymic Index

BanHop's profile photo   10/15/2014 5:04 a.m.

Good, I have a question.It turns out that yesterday I had the glucose in about 100 and gave me a crave of mantecados.I ate 4. As I ate 4 Well, I told myself, I have to prick a novorapid, and I click 2 units.After a while I went to play padel (in Super Light Plan).During the game the Dexcom sang me that I was below 50 and I already got scared, I stopped playing and after a while I started to get on a sandwich and as I saw that I went up two units for dinner.At night, 350 on average all night.

Come on, what happened is that the novorapid lowered me faster than the mantecados uploaded to me, so I wanted to know if there is somewhere where it comes even if it is some foods the glucose curve they have, that is, byExample that if I take a 100 grams toast that will upload the glucose x for x time.

Thank you.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
10/15/2014 5:04 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You can find the glycemic index of food, but something prepared is more difficult.What happened to you I suppose that you would eat many hydrates but with a lot of fat, hence the climb after.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
10/15/2014 5:29 a.m.

The same thing happens to me with the muffins, I do not climb the sugar or even lower me and then it gives me the rush, they take me much later.
Maybe we had to wait a little to click or instead of Humalog or Novorapid, we would better acrapid, which is quick but slower than humalog or novorapid

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/15/2014 5:41 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

To me with the churros .. that it is not that they eat them very often, but from time to time they feel like it.The last time, at the time of getting Apidra I find me fatal .. I was in 45 and going down, often scare, I corrected with a juice and right away.Well at 3 hours I was in 300 ... and the same at next time I give in the nail, but with these meals, the predictions do not come out :(

Lidia Márquez Rodríguez's profile photo
Lidia Márquez Rodríguez
10/15/2014 6 a.m.

26 años - DM1 desde 2010
Bomba insulina Minimed 640G - Uso Freestyle libre de forma discontinua

Well, as I have seen online, perhaps the glycemic load is more appropriate than the glycemic index.

Apparently the index indicates only what a food rises, the load takes into account other things.

What I would like to know if there is any graph or something in time.It makes me that the glucose has 100 of IG because it is worth it.If you tell me that those 100 then make a curve in two hours in such a way, then it is more worth it.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
10/15/2014 6:02 a.m.

I have identified that if as a lot of meat (a barbThe cause is the amount of fats ingested, which keeps the stomach occupied longer and does not absorb sugar until it has processed it.

fer's profile photo
fer
10/15/2014 8:40 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Here you have some topics with food tables and glycemic indices.

Learn to eat with food equivalent table ...
Hello everyone, I uploaded an equivalent table with which I control my diet, this information that I provide in the image goes to ...
Link
Know Carbohydrates - Food Table - Diabetes Forum
By: Serafín Murillo, dietitian-nutritionist and researcher at Ciberdem (Barcelona Clinic Hospital) as many ...
Link
How can I calculate a fast insulin unit - Diabetes ...
Hello, according to my endocrine, the table to follow is: Sugar level / units insulin 150-200: 1 Unit 200-250: 2 units 250-300: 3 units 300-350: 4 ...
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
10/15/2014 8:46 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

For me the most striking example is the McDonalds.If I don't wear an extended hypoglycemia and then hyper ..

tica's profile photo
tica
10/15/2014 9:10 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

With the novorapid, how could this do?I puncture a little and after a while little?

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
10/15/2014 9:52 a.m.

I think it would be the best way, or correct when you need, that happens whenever I get out of normal, even with the bomb and I have not yet managed to control it ... and I put on a bad milk.......

belefe74's profile photo
belefe74
10/15/2014 10:43 a.m.

Diagnosticada en 1997
Siempre intentando mejorar.

My daughter, when she eats away, gets quickly after the first dish ..,

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/15/2014 5:13 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Well, I want to analyze the thing a bit and I wanted to see if you know a series of data.

I have calculated my glycose sensitivity de facto (12 of Lantus+3+4+2 of Novorapid), I get about 95 each novorapid unit, but of course, is that the sum of 3+4+2 depends on what eate, breakfast is always the same, but food and dinner are not, it is not the same to eat chicken as lentils.Is there no other way to calculate it?

On the other hand, I have seen the Novorapid and Lantus graph, it is indicated in time, but how do I know how to go down in time?That is, if the graph of the Novorapid is 0 to 5 hours or so, and at the time and a half is its peak, as I could calculate or see how much it lowers me every 30 minutes for example.Without testing in my clear body, hehe.The same question with the Lantus, how can I know how much glucose lowers my body with x quantity of Lantus.

Another question, this regarding food.The curve that food makes in 2 hours seems to be complicated, but for example there is something that tells you what components do that later in the glucose effect?That is, if I as bread, then it goes up so long for so long, but if the bread is integral it is in such a way, that it affects to advance or delay the climb things such as fats, saturated fats, some sugars, proteins ...

Thank you

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
10/16/2014 6:55 a.m.

You do not know the number of times that I have wondered that, but I still have no answer because the body does not always answer the same even if you do the same: -s

belefe74's profile photo
belefe74
10/16/2014 9:50 a.m.

Diagnosticada en 1997
Siempre intentando mejorar.

Banhop, did you not have the dexcom ??

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/16/2014 11:36 a.m.

If I have it, and I can see something, I'm sighting in an Excel what I have, which as I see if I see how it evolves.But of course, it is easier if somewhere comes to you than for example the rice will rise to you at such a time for so long, or if some cookies are integral to another rhythm.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
10/16/2014 1:13 p.m.

It is that this is very difficult, to me the rice for example does not make anything peak and I usually have to recommend something as I say and instead others are triggered.
What I usually do with what I am not sure of how it will go is to put 1-2 units less than usual and with the dexcom control, if I see what happened to 120-130 with the arrow up I triggered meI put those 2 and I hope and if then I need more I wear it again, you hit an extra puncture but you save a hypo and a rebound then because I can get almost 300 or more

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/16/2014 1:56 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.