The child with diabetes is still without a sanitary protocol two months after the course

fer's profile photo   10/28/2014 6:05 a.m.

The little one needs blood glucose levels to be controlled and the insulin is supplied

The "Support Commission to Álvaro" of the San Miguel Arcángel neighborhood association of San Miguel de Salinas denounces that the boy Álvaro Torres, 6 years old and with diabetes, lacks a necessary health care protocol that guarantees its physical integrity during itsPermanence in the educational center, because you need to control blood glucose levels and supply insulin.

After two months since the beginning of the school year, the Department of Education and Health "have not yet agreed to put the means that guarantee the fulfillment of the legislation in force in a case like this", they complain from the neighborhood association.

The president of the Federation of Diabetics of the Valencian Community and member of the Board of Directors of the State Federation of Diabetics, Mercedes Sánchez Benito, was interested in this case a few days ago and promised to work to meet the minor's demands.

fer's profile photo
fer
10/28/2014 6:05 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

My son is diabetic, since the age of 2 and I have always gone to school, to do the controls and put the insulin.He is already 12 years old and he already does this course.

Inma22's profile photo
Inma22
01/23/2019 12:08 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Unfortunately there are many parents who cannot afford themselves to do so and as a teacher I know that the choles are obliged to put a nursing professional since the teachers have strictly prohibited to supply any type of medication.But it seems to me as shame that after all these months the child still does not help ...

NiñaBurbuja's profile photo
NiñaBurbuja
01/23/2019 12:44 p.m.

T1 diagnosticada a los 24, tengo 31.
Además soy celiaca y con muchas alergias alimentarias, entre ellas profilina. Recientemente diagnosticada con hipotiroidismo también.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.