Barcelona scientists sing and dance in a video to raise funds for their research

fer's profile photo   11/02/2014 6:49 a.m.

These are the professionals of the Biomedical Research Institute, who used the theme "Safe and Sound".

The scientists of the Biomedical Research Institute of Barcelona (IRB) sing, dance and sound their specimens in a fun video released on social networks, as part of a pioneer campaign in the European scientific field that aims to achieve funds for their research projectsof cancer, diabetes and Alzheimer's.

The donation system seeks to favor the virality of the video on the network, since with each “click” or view on YouTube, IRB receives a donation for its research

The members of IRB Barcelona move to the rhythm of "Safe and Sound" (healthy and savings), the popular 2011 song of the American Capital Cities group, of whom Sony/ATV and Universal Music have given the reproduction rights.The video title is "Scientists in Barcelona Dance for Cancer, Alzheimer's and Diabetes Research (Music Video)"

The five minutes have been shot in various locations: in the Laboratories of the IRB Barcelona, ​​in spaces shared by the community of the Scientific Park of Barcelona, ​​-where the IRB is located -and in emblematic places of the city thanks to the support of the BCNFilm Commission of the City of Barcelona.Choreographies alternate with direct messages from scientists about key research challenges in IRB: cancer and metastasis, Alzheimer's and diabetes.

The production of the video has required a year of work, three days of essays and five of filming and has been coordinated by the Office of Communication and External Relations of the IRB.He has involved an international team of professionals with the production of Heidi Berger (Montreal, Canada) and co-production and direction of Richard Santiburcio Miranda de Fiction Films Barcelona (Affiliate of Fiction Films Munich, Germany) and the choreographers Sergi Orduña and Úrsula Aguilera.Baccalaureate students have also participated in the video of the “Crazy About Biomedicine” program and IRB Barcelona staff.

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
11/02/2014 6:49 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I retwee that video as soon as I saw it, I loved it.In fact, at the moment I made a microdonation by SMS as they asked on the web, and spread it on the blog.It seems like a good system.Although it is being widely used by many, you have to do it well.And this is really well done.And music is super catchy.I also bought it at iTunes Store ... :-)

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
11/04/2014 3:15 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.