New diabetic since June and with doubts

yonm's profile photo   11/11/2014 5:49 a.m.

Hello, I am practically new in this diabetes with type I since they discovered it in June of this year, I have been reading these days and you have left me impressed with what you know.XD

Well I tell you, I suppose I will be on the honeymoon because I only put 2 in Lantus and I am with the novorapid I put 0'5 by ration as the endocrine told me which I do not know if I will do it well because after a whileI will have the meals I will have between 130 and 160 but at the next meal I arrive over 90 and 110. What do you think?

Today I also had a quite big carelessness since the Lantus put it at about 11 at night and today I have realized that I forgot to put it ... but when I woke up I had 114 as when I wake up as normal.

Do I continue with the 2 Lantus units?And another question is the best to try to lengthen the honeymoon period?

I also wanted to tell you that I am a bit blind since I have 4 diopters of myopia and astigmatism in each eye since childhood, now I was looking at myself to operate my eyes with an intraocular slow lens due to my graduation, but the diabetes and the oculista that II was watching me denied it but the truth is that I did not trust this oculista and I was not sure if I operate with it before all, is the eye operations discouraged?I have seen that there are people who have been operated, how are you going?

Thank you so much

All the best

yonm's profile photo
yonm
11/11/2014 5:49 a.m.

DM1 junio 2014
lantus 8 unidades

Well, it seems that you are well controlled with the insulin pattern you carry.I would not touch it, although, if you are type 1, you will have to increase doses when the honeymoon is over.They say it lasts more if it is insulin.
I don't think the operation gives you problems with that good control.Consult with another doctor, to see what he tells you ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/11/2014 4:16 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I would take advantage and operate now!You have excellent control and almost no evolution

tica's profile photo
tica
11/11/2014 4:38 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Operate without a doubt.I was looking at several clinics at the national level and none advised me to operate for a long time to take a long time, or seeing the good control I carried.
I contacted several ophthalmologists for friendships and several coincided in Dr. Ramon Gutierrez, I think it was one of the first to perform a cornea transplant, this is the website of its clinics http: //www.clinica-ophtalmologica-Murcia.com/ has clinic in Murcia and Madrid.If you decide to call this man who sees you, not his medical team although they are not bad, but the most expert is he, if they put any problem that he cannot see you, say what you call from JorgeConesa de Cartagena, a diabetic that operated there.Ah !!It also operates by company and by private, I was private, it has several types of operation, all do not enter by Company I think.
He had glasses since the age of 9 and the glass ass, with 6.5 of myopia, thank God that most of the time had already been slowdown, that many ophthalmologists also did not believe it.After operating about 4 or 5 years ago I am luxurious, overcome it will not have known this man before.
If you cannot operate or see something strange, it will not operate, as it is happy, I have sent several people there (no diabetics), and one of them has not operated it because of a problem that I had in the eye.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/12/2014 8:15 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

It also happened to me at the beginning, that I forgot it, but do not worry that it immediately becomes a habit, such as washing my teeth.
I tb advise you to operate.I recommend Dr. Calle de la Clinico Baviera, an eminence.

lauramontero79's profile photo
lauramontero79
11/28/2014 1:57 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@yonm Welcome.I think the secret to lengthening the honeymoon is clear, if you have enough reserve, you start with insulin, you eat healthy and do sports, you can maintain that guideline longer.I have been in honeymoon 4 years, and they gave me 6 months.I punish only 8 points from Lantus a day.And the rapid only sometimes, if I go out to eat outside, and I will eat dessert, or rice.But I don't need it.How and I usually take a walk later.With that I can afford whims.Of course, I recommend that you do not obsess with the honeymoon.Do things right, but when it ends, it's over.At first I always banned things to extend the honeymoon.Now not to mention!:)>-

pochola's profile photo
pochola
07/28/2015 10:09 a.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

Welcome.I am in the same situation as you, just diagnosed with type 1, rookie, and on honeymoon, although I need more lantus than you (I get 14 at night).I do not need fast except for breakfast (I put 2 units because I usually take 2.5 rations of HC and my work is total sedentary) but if I am going to exercise on weekends after breakfast I do not punish myself quickly.Not like many HC because I have to lose weight, but once I get to the Normopeso I will gradually incorporate HC.I keep learning with this forum, and I know that I will continue learning every day thanks to you.

xorxie's profile photo
xorxie
07/28/2015 9:22 p.m.

lauramontero79 said:
I also passed me at the beginning, that I forgot it, but do not worry that you immediately make a habit, such as washing my teeth.
I tb advise you to operate.I recommend Dr. Calle de la Clinico Baviera, an eminence.

Don't believe I have been in this for 11 years and I keep forgetting.

:))

rafach's profile photo
rafach
07/28/2015 9:30 p.m.

Diebetico desde hace 12 años. Ultima hemo 6.9%. Usuario de freestyle.

Very good,

For my part I would recommend you take a look at this guide for people with type 1 diabetes Link

Health !!

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
07/29/2015 3:13 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.