Participation in the European research project Smarco

DiabetesForo's profile photo   08/24/2011 4:53 a.m.

Hello,

My name is Alejandro Villamarin, work for the Tecnalia R & AMP Foundation; D and within the European project SMARCOS (

If someone has many difficulties in filling it in English that notifies me and we will try to create a Spanish version.Any other questions that
You have your disposition.

Thank you very much for your collaboration from the Smarcos project

A cordial greeting

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/24/2011 4:53 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

From what I see, the questionnaire is only aimed at patients with type 2 diabetes ... Is that so?

Normally, type 2 diabetes occurs in over 45-50 years;That age strip, in Spain, it is difficult for people to have sufficient level of English to answer the questionnaire you raise.I believe that offering the Castilian questionnaire would expand the number of participants.

In the same way, the level of use of mobile devices is very small, only mobile and very simple.
I speak and describe my closest environment.Perhaps it may be wrong, but a large majority use new technologies very little.

On the other hand, medication is only part of the treatment.
Daily physical exercise, food control, diabetes education and periodic medical reviews are almost more important than drugs.
I don't know if you have taken this into account or if it is possible to introduce it.

Although it sounds paradoxical (because of the number of affected, I mean), you would have more market among patients with type 1 diabetes than with type 2 diabetes.

All the best

DiabetesForo
08/24/2011 1:39 p.m.

Hello,

Thanks for the contributions.It is true what you say regarding language, but being a European project, most of everything that is done in English, keep in mind that not only in Spanish forums the survey is being published, which does not take away that if aNumber of important people requests it to translate the questionnaire.

Regarding the devices, the intention is to show the information and collect it in the most appropriate device according to the situation in which the person is at that time.For example, at home, if you do not have a mobile, it is possible that it is better to show the information on the computer or even television.That is the central idea of ​​smartes, being able to identify the situation and adapt to it.

Part of the pilots include the monitoring of medication, glucose, physical activity and food, which covered the entire cycle, not only for diabetic people, but also want to expand the spectrum to office workers and people whose lifestyle isLittle active, in order to advise them to avoid future problems.

All the best,

DiabetesForo
08/25/2011 4:02 a.m.

If the Chrome browser is used, it is very easy to fill it using the translation.

Greetings.

seghom's profile photo
seghom
08/25/2011 7:25 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.