More than half of the diabetics suffer stress for their illness

fer's profile photo   11/19/2014 11:26 a.m.

51 percent of Spaniards with diabetes declare themselves stressed by this disease, while 19 percent feel socially discriminated against and 17 percent admit to having depression, according to data from the Spanish Diabetes Society (SED).

The situation is revealed that family members are in a similar situation, thus 45 percent claim to have high levels of stress due to the concerns caused by their relative's disease;While 37 percent also feel frustrated by ignoring the best way to help him.

"The stress of patients with diabetes influence numerous factors linked to life that they have to carry out this disease. They are people who must be responsible for determining their blood glucose level, assessing its results and adopting decisions about it, planning and planningStructure eating habits in changing environments, with little flexible work schedules and lunches usually away from home, take time to practice physical exercise, "explains Dr. José López, head of the Endocrinology Service of the Virgen de la Salud Hospital in Toledo.

The study, which has been presented on Tuesday, has been carried out together with the foundation of the Spanish Diabetes Society (FSED) and the Endocrinology Service of the Virgen de la Salud de la Health Hospital, in collaboration with Novo Nordisk, with theObjective of knowing the opinion not only of those who suffer from diabetes but also of those who help them in their coexistence with it, that is, their relatives and the doctors who attend them.

In the whole of Spain, the estimation of people with known diabetes amounts to more than 3.2 million, which makes this disease considerate of epidemic.The figure could rise to 3.9 million in 2030 to follow its current growth rate, due, among other factors, to sedentary lifestyle and inappropriate diets.

On the other hand, despite the importance of self -control of this disease, more than 40 percent of people with probing diabetes claim to have never participated in training programs about their disease, a percentage that amounts to 78 percent in the case of theirfamily.

When similar questions are transferred to health professionals, 65 percent manifest in favor of increasing the training of patients and family and 66 percent demand more educators in diabetes, that is, nurses with specific training, both medical and pedagogical, to form on the control and monitoring of the disease.

As for professionals, 85 percent of the health professionals surveyed say that the only training resource with patients and their relatives are printed brochures;while 47 percent refer to group face -to -face activities and 45 percent to web pages.

Finally, asked about the fear of complications, 78 percent of patients show their fear of hypoglycemia, fear that 61% of their relatives share.

"Therefore, diabetes research advances to treatments that, together with adequate glycemic control, contribute extras such as the decrease in the risk of hypoglycemia or flexibility in its administration, taking into account the stress situation generated by the fact of suffering from suffering a diseaselike this and the difficulty, sometimes, of always medicating at the same time and adjusting the treatment to the different conditions of the working, family and social life of each one, "concludes López.

Read more: more than half of the diabetics suffer stress from their disease - echodia.es[[ERROR-TRANS]] Link

fer's profile photo
fer
11/19/2014 11:26 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

But when they do those studies who they call?Because I do not look represented and I consider a normal diabetic, nor stress, nor do I feel discriminated or depressed.On the contrary I enjoy life and I am very happy.

I encourage all diabetics who lead a full and happy life to respond to this post, let's show that this study is not entirely true and we give a positive feeling to debutants and their families.
I do not know what the intention of such a study is, but I think it can unnecessarily alarm patients and their families.I suspect that they will have taken an inadequate population sample, you just have to read that indicates that 40% claim to have never participated in training programs, which is striking.If they had taken a sample that has participated in formation and understands the diabetes well, those results would be very different.

Sarita83's profile photo
Sarita83
11/19/2014 12:40 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, I get stressed and get depressed, but only occasionally.

What bothers me the most of diabetes is all those people who, when you try to express your frustration, cover your mouth saying "do not complain, that cancer is worse."It makes me want to burst a brick on my face and tell them the same "do not complain, that cancer is worse."The same way they began to understand ...

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
11/19/2014 5:22 p.m.

What leaves me frozen is the pessimistic feeling that I read here, we should not let diabetes cause us depression, frustration ...
Seriously, you can lead a normal, happy and full life.It can be lived with diabetes without problems, the key is to take care and pamper yourself, do not see it as something negative, it is there and nothing is fixed with negative feelings.But being positive you can live better, a good mood helps to have good blood glucose levels and, with good levels you are more lively and have more desire to take care.
Do not deprive yourself of doing things that you like, enjoy life, do not let diabetes bitter your life.Think that well -kept diabetes becomes something very simple to handle and a very good trick to get it is to exercise, there are a lot of activities that you can do to exercise, many very funny.
Come encourage and let diabetes are not an impediment to be happy.

Sarita83's profile photo
Sarita83
11/19/2014 5:42 p.m.

But if precisely the most complicated type1 diabetes is to exercise.You have to picharte before, then, after a while ...

And even doing all that, I have only had serious drops doing sports.

So in my case within a few years of being DM1 I stopped doing any sport uncle.I have even phobia to the gym of the descents, fainting and other problems that I had and that I do not want to remember.

If you have DM1 and you do not have stress for it, it is that you have a much more stable diabetes than the majority and it is not because you do it better or worse than others, but because your body controls it better.So stop extrapolating your case to everyone.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
11/19/2014 6:31 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

That is not so, stability is achieved with a lot of effort and work, but it is achieved.That is why I encourage you to get it, if something frustrates you or if something costs you, there will always be someone who has overcome and help you.Do not throw the towel, this is a background race in which good control is reached, reaching small goals.

Sarita83's profile photo
Sarita83
11/20/2014 12:33 a.m.

I have only been able to play sports and have good glycemias since I have the bomb.Before it was impossible.Now, "simply" I have to walk the glucose before and after.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
11/20/2014 7:30 a.m.

I have a stable diabetes, (because I do not see it).And sincerely I look very ideantified with you @roar.I have always been a cheerful and active person and since I debuted I keep trying but that you want me to tell you.Loating you at 6 for breakfast, walking, preparing my daughter, school, my working day is 40-80 hours a week, eating, walking, going to run, I am taking out a master and my second race at a distance, and do theHouse tasks (autonomous husband curing from Monday to Sunday) .. when you sleep 6 hours, daughter because some crying I pillo from time to time.

If I get stressed and depress me, I have changed my life, because it is three hours of the minimum day that I dedicate, without counting the 24h that you have to think about it.But power, you can .. but it is a load that I did not have and that also many days I notice that if I took a liter of colacao and a toast pack as formerly because I would get half a smile more.But it will be that with a tea and a gullón if sugar you have to throw pa`lante, and it is done, but we will not confuse, at least those we have debuted as older, the difference is large, very large not to be diabeticAnd sadness, depression, stress and frustration are just around the corner.

And I say this shouting (that step I get rid, that today I only slept 3 hours, my daughter is malita) I can with everything! And I am Féliz¡¡¡¡ (but weak and is humans).A kiss to all those that you feel lazy today!

pochola's profile photo
pochola
11/21/2014 8:04 a.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

Well, I have noticed a strong decay since I am diabetic.I am 30 years old and I debuted with a gestational diabetes that was later type 1. I am very nervous and that makes my sugar to the top and the panic that I have the needles throw me back.I know that the 5MM Boli needle is nothing, but I suppose it is more mental than anything else.
I am very thin and I can't get fat and that lowers self -esteem and I see that I don't have the same energy I had before and I am very depressed.

lore_bcn's profile photo
lore_bcn
12/18/2014 11:12 a.m.

It seems to me the most normal in the world (in my opinion and experience).Diabetes (type 1, the 2 "does not count") is like the Gota Malaya ... little by little, constantly, it is exhausted, it marks you, it changes you.
As much desire you put, take its toll.I understand that each person is a world, and each one takes it in their own way, but for me it is totally stressful.Let's say you are doing "manually" something that should be automatic ... to give an example, it is as if a person with a heart problem, they put an "device" to "pump" manually, and it has to be giving himA Botoncito every 10 minutes at the risk of something very serious if it does not ... anyone does not stress?

And after stress itself, anxiety, etc ... makes diabetes above it even crazier: you have a strong descent, you get nervous, and that descent is already beastly ...

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
12/18/2014 10:02 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Jolín Pablo, I thought I had written it !!

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/18/2014 10:47 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

When my daughter debuted I had depression and anxiety during a long time, years, although psychiatric treatment helped me a lot. But I missed a psychological help to the parents at that time. What I had well what I had was the opposite, a good doctorbeast telling me all the worst.
It makes me want to restore everything after 20 years and see that my daughter is perfect, without any company.
What a jilipollas!Those doctors should be disabled.
Well, I've already vent.
That you have a happy Christmas and that you enjoy eating everything a bit.
A strong hug!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/23/2014 5:55 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
c. well what I had was the opposite, a very beast doctor telling me all the worst.
It makes me want to restore everything after 20 years and see that my daughter is perfect, without any company.
What a jilipollas!Those doctors should be disabled.

I understand you perfectly.The worst memory, and I think it marked me forever, was when I debuted and that "education" that they supposedly give us.What a beast, what a way to tell things, how encouraged to gather a young man (at the first moment of your debut) "healthy" with an "old woman" with all complications, and I told you so (bad things we will know them we will know themWe and we will know what there is, they do not need to restore it by the face ...) ... depressing, to cry, it sank me totally (the little optimism I had, these people were in charge of taking it off)

I think there are doctors and educators who do not know what they speak or have any tact (my beginnings were disastrous thanks to these people, authentic "Matasanos" of whom I regret having lost my time with them).Eye, that I have also met a fantastic educator, and an endocrine that I have on a pedestal (and I will not give names, but if you are looking for a reference in diabetes in Spain, that is)

I would like to create a special body of doctors, educators, endocrine, formed only by type 1 diabetics, if, surely the story would change a lot.

I sell "advice that I don't have", I don't like it ... a real diabetic, with all our problems (without equations, laboratory cobaya schedules, real life ...), doctor, endocrine, etc.... would connect with us instantly.I don't think a person in this situation was as "animal" as some I've seen.

Regina, you do well to vent ... If we are entitled to something, it is to kick.

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
12/23/2014 7:34 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Pablo, it cost me many years to forget. It was to see my daughter and her full and happy life, which has cured me, and also the help of anxiolytics
What I do not forgive the unpresentable that are the years of life that has taken me away and having become ill psychically.
Hopefully you get you also forget everything that other animal told you. They have no right, because they do not know to what extent we can be responsible for our disease, without lack of traumatizing like this.
A hug

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/23/2014 11:19 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.