Comparative meters

Rtristan's profile photo   11/20/2014 1:44 p.m.

Hi, I'm new in the forum.My name is Ricardo, I have been diabetic for 34 years, when there were no glucose meters.We could only control ourselves with tests on the 24 -hour urine that we collected in some jars.There were no feathers, not even disposable syringes. I remember that the glass had to boil.The truth is that it has changed a lot since then.With the theme of the "new" meters or monitors, which you advise me and what are the pros and cons of each, because I am reading many user experiences and some very contradictory.Thank you so much

Rtristan's profile photo
Rtristan
11/20/2014 1:44 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @rtristan,
In my view, the best and most recommended (especially for children and people with asymptomatic hypoglycemia) is the Dexcom G4.My 3 -year -old son has type 1 diabetes since April of this year and currently has a glycosylated hemoglobin of 5.7.We are sure that a lot of guilt of this value has its Dexcom.

PROS: High and low -low low alarms, real continuous measurement, possibility of connecting mobile devices and the Internet (this is incredibly useful for children at school, for example)

As against, I can tell you that the only one is the price, since it requires an important initial disbursement.Then the sensors leave more or less like those of the competition, since it can be said that the half-life of each sensor is two weeks, although there are many who last even 4-5 weeks without problems, although the manufacturer only guarantees itsoperation for a week.

renoca's profile photo
renoca
11/25/2014 4:30 p.m.

Diabético "tipo 3"
Padre de Ilai (4 años)
Levemir: 3-3 | Humalog: 3-2-2 | Dexcom G4
HbA1c (17/12/2014) -> 5,7%

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.