{'en': 'Recommendations for Christmas meals', 'es': 'Recomendaciones para las Comidas navideñas'} Image

Recommendations for Christmas meals

maca's profile photo   11/30/2014 12:12 p.m.

Hello everyone!

Christmas is coming and this is my first Christmas with type 1 diabetes, since I was diagnosed in August.
Now many companies and family meals come, long and copious, sometimes with few hydrates and in others.

My question is, how do you calculate the hydrates?As usual?

For example, as 7 rations to eat and I wear 3 rapid insulin doses.

Would you have to eat more?

Put them in two doses in case it lengthens (although I can't know that in advance)?

Get less insulin, because then there is always Jiji dance?

Dance burns a lot?

Thank you!!!

maca's profile photo
maca
11/30/2014 12:12 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The recommendations for type 1 diabetics about what to do for parties and to party have been addressed on several topics, here you can read a lot about the matter, I leave you the links:

Christmas and other parties, lack of control ... - Experiences with the ...
Happy parties.Even if you try to make an effort and prohibit both the amount in general and some food in particular, in the end one ends ...
Link
12 grapes or if not, what - experiences with diabetes • Diabetes forum
Greetings, and happy holidays.Miguel.Diagnosed in 2009. Type II.Oral medication, metformin/vildagliptin, at food and dinner.Lantus, 16 units in the ...
Link
Drink the weekend and parties - Questions about diabetes ...
Ok, now I want you to give me your opinion, what you drink, and how much, and I want you to speak to me as normal people who party and such, don't be ...
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
11/30/2014 2:04 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

thanks a lot

maca's profile photo
maca
11/30/2014 6:28 p.m.

Fer have already read the comments and I am clear that I go to these jijij but you put the insulin of a single shot or divide it into two?
And the dance time does not comment on anything, which is better, will be high and will go down with the dance?Or be normal and every ratio eating?

maca's profile photo
maca
11/30/2014 6:44 p.m.

Maca, with the fast and calculating rations, you can eat everything. If you see that food lengthens, you can get something else before dessert.
And then measure and correct, if necessary.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/30/2014 8:02 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Here in Venezuela the rich hawks, you have to make efforts not to eat three haha.
Luckily it is only in December

davidex's profile photo
davidex
12/04/2014 3:26 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.