Possible new product?

BanHop's profile photo   10/17/2014 12:50 p.m.

Good, I have seen this on the Indiegogo page:

Link

I have not read it whole but it seems that it looks good and it could come well if they get the financing.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
10/17/2014 12:50 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

After the glucowatch chasco a few years ago and until I tried the dexcom in the first person, I am a total skeptic of the devices, hopefully it is true and it works great, but until I have a few people of first hand,I don't believe myself na!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
10/17/2014 12:58 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hello good.
Well, I wrote an email to these of Infravitals with several doubts that arise to anyone and answered me very fast and without selling a miraculous product.I copy your answer (English) to the foot.
They are not very clear how they will do it.Surely, the glucose sensor is like a ring on the finger (its ideal would be part of the smart watch, but recognize that for the first version it is raw)
Nor do they talk about how reliable it will be.They want to end up spending the examination of the
FDA, but that must be in your dreams.
That the sensor must last for years.
For now they have achieved more than $ 62000 from Crouud Funding and I have put my grain of sand, because it is not lost too much.I will tell if they get their goals (first version in the first quarter of 2015)
The technique they use has many papers and publications Link and the difficult thing is to filter the signal well and get a good sample :-(.

Greetings and now the response of Infra Vitals.

Thank you for your interest.The Should Last for Years With No Trouble sensor.It is not a consummable part.The Sensor Will Most Likely Be an external component that is attached to the finger and connected to the watch by a small wire.We are working to see if it can be used at the Wrist But it sems that it is unlikely in the first generation device.In Any Case, It Will Be Comforable and Easy to Use.The Accuracy of the Sensor Is Currently Not Fully Known Since We have not selected to manufacturer.It will depend, in part, on what they can embed in one "package".The Number of Wavelengths That We Can Include Will Affect The Accuracy.We Hope to reach the iso and Fda Requirement for Medical Meters Butis is not currently to Medical Affe and not design to diagnose or treat any Illness.INSTEAD, THIS IS A HEALTH AND FITNESS PRODUCT UNTIL WE ARE AABLE TO CREATE A DEVICE THAT THE FDA WILL APPROVE AND IT GOES THRUCH RIGOROUS TRIALS.We are offering this device now Because We Will Never Be uble to offer New Types of Devices Like This if we do not create A Community of Users Who Support the Concept.Again, The Dimensions of the Watch Still Have Not Been Hard Set.It will be comparable to other phone watches.We are working with out machinist now to produce prototype that is Vray Close to Production.An estimate wouled be 1cm Thick by 3cm by 4cm.It is relativley long for a watch, but we are confident that we will be aable to reduce the size and WEIGHT in Successive Generations.The Size is due to the need to have removable Sdcard Storage, micro Sim card slot as well as the regular electronic board.We do Plan to Add Multilingual Support and Will Ship The Device Anyplace Allowed By Law.When we are prepared to ship, We Will Contact Our International Customers To Get Eyr Prefer Shipper and To Ask For Any Addicional Fees That May Be Neudary.Thank you for you Questions, If you have any more, Feel Free to Contact Us.

19lajara's profile photo
19lajara
10/20/2014 10:49 a.m.

debut:1993. HbA1c: 6.1% (12/02/24). Desde Marzo 2024 intentando entender a mi nueva pareja, una Ypsopump con CamdiabFx.
..., Deporte, deporte, alguna carrera corta, media distancia, Marathon Valencia 2017, Marathon Frankfurt 2016, 1/2 Maratón Zaragoza 2016; Maratón Zaragóza 2015; ...

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.