Insulin Boli Without Effect

Nenito's profile photo   09/08/2011 6:42 a.m.

Hello guys, I wanted to ask you if you have happened to you or you know any case that, at least for the feeling that sometimes gives, not only does it seem that some insulin bolis, that if I see that they are murky, they smell too much, I shot them, but without these two characteristics, not only late in absorbing insulin, but isn't it good and does not take its effect?

Greetings and thank you very much

Nenito's profile photo
Nenito
09/08/2011 6:42 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

We have all had many times the feeling that the insulin we have put on is not "good" already.But generally that sensation is due to the high glycemia after that puncture.& GT; although that is not reliable indicative that insulin is wrong.Well, there are many factors that sometimes make the insulin that we look like water.But as for the properties of insulin, if you are talking about the last insulins that we use almost all (Humalog, Novorrapid, Lantus, Apidra, Levemir), it must be absolutely transparent.If it is not, it undoes that pen.As for the smell, it is more difficult to determine if a ball smells more than normal, because insulin per se the intense and characteristic way.I believe that the best way to distinguish if an insulin is not right, is because of the absence of transparency in the liquid.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
09/08/2011 6:51 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.