Apidra, how is it?

notmy's profile photo   12/02/2014 4:14 p.m.

Hello, they have recommended that I change Humalog to Apidra because it acts faster and helps avoid the peaks after eating.Apidra seems to be peak in an hour and leaves the body in 2-2.5 hours, compared to 4-5 hours that it takes Humalog.Does anyone use it and have succeeded in that regard?Thank you!

notmy's profile photo
notmy
12/02/2014 4:14 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Notmy!I think that the three current ultra -grape insulins (Humalog, Novorapid and Apidra) have very similar profiles and action times. I have tried the three and the one that I liked the most is Humalog but they are very similar, to me it is insulin active about threehours;Do not hesitate to try Apidra because each one is doing well.If you have many peaks also review the glycemic index of the food you take, such as kitchens ... and above all it increases fiber intake to slow the absorption.It worked much better than insulin change. Fuerte!

beti's profile photo
beti
12/02/2014 10 p.m.

I tell you how Beti., look to see which one is doing better, but Humalog and Apidra are the two ultra -grape, with the same duration .., Maybe the apidra begins to act a little earlier ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/02/2014 11:48 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I use Novorapid and I think K is doing very well!
My endocrine would change to Apidra.The truth I don't know .... I wonder if I would get pre -preximered ... will it be the apidra is contraindicated?
Pork you think Kiere changing? Simply told me what this is better ...

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
12/03/2014 10:36 a.m.

I use the apidra and I do very well, I put 6 at lunch, and breakfast

Juani_53's profile photo
Juani_53
10/13/2016 9:39 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.