Correct measurement

jesusverastegui's profile photo   10/30/2014 12:08 p.m.

Hello good morning, I have read in different pages about the measurements that one has to be made when waking before exercise, before the food after and so, and my doubt is, what time is it correct to make the measurement ofThe glucose?, because I have read that one should not be measured, after getting up or immediately of having exercised, to say if I exercise in the afternoon before starting in 120 and at the end of 90 or 100, but now that I have been doingExercise in the morning I get up with 95 or 99 and go up to 120 or 115

jesusverastegui's profile photo
jesusverastegui
10/30/2014 12:08 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello.With diabetes in some cases the general recommendations do not serve.Each person has to adjust their own rhythm, schedules, exercise, diet, etc., and with patience to discover what is best.
In the same way, the measurements can be made as best suits you to know the evolution of your levels.In general it is recommended a first on the first -hour fast, a second about noon, either before or after eating (in my case I do it at two hours later) and another final at night before dinner or then when bedtime.All this apart from some more that you consider appropriate to do, for example when exercising.
I have also tried to exercise early in the morning and curiously glucose tends to rise.I think that the explanation is that by putting the basal insulin early in the day, when you arrive the next day there is hardly any reserve of the insulin of the previous day and that of that same day has not yet taken effect.With the exercise it seems that the liver reacts producing glucose, but in the absence of insulin, the glucose does not enter the cells and increases the level.In the afternoon it is for me the best time of exercise, simply a long walk at a fast pace and there is an important descent.Also at noon, after eating, it gives me a good result.
Everything is to try patience.Greetings.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/31/2014 4:19 a.m.

Thank you for your answer Miguel to take it into account, in fact I do not inject or take medication, and if I have noticed what you say that when exercising in the morning I tend to raise the glucose and in the afternoon night tends to go down.Now about what you tell me in the morning I leave between 90 and 105 and after the food only once I mediated and I went out in 145

jesusverastegui's profile photo
jesusverastegui
10/31/2014 11:50 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.