Change of treatment

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/31/2014 3:39 p.m.

Well, today my mother was endocrine and the result of hemoglobin was 6.4, seeing the events that happened months ago with multitudes of hypoglycemia, said endocrine told my mother who withdrew the insulin Novorrapid and thatwill start taking 1 pill "Sitagliptin100" to what my mother has been denied, does anyone have experience with that pill?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/31/2014 3:39 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Let's see if you think you have type 2 diabetes .... I think that quickly is crazy.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
11/01/2014 7:53 a.m.

That is why my mother refused, and the response of the endocrine was: then can you know what you are here?If I, as a doctor, I tell him that he has to take this pill will have to take it and do not speak anymore ... and my mother told him that it did not even think about the novorrapid, this endocrine of Malaga seems to be given the titleIn the Tombola ..... and if that were not enough, he told her that she as an endocrine did not prescribe strips for 6 daily controls, so she took them away again and put only 3 daily controls one before breakfast,before food and before dinner ........................................words

DiabetesForo
11/01/2014 8 a.m.

That requests a doctor's change.
You can try a few days with that pstilla and look like the posts.If they are not good, it already has justification to continue with the novorapid and ask for more strips.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/01/2014 9:39 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thanks Regina, it will be.

DiabetesForo
11/01/2014 9:40 a.m.

Hello Salvador
Sitagliptin is an adequate pharmaco only for DM2.
Acts that in response to meals the pancreas secrete more insulin and in a DM1 there is no insulin segregation.
In addition to having adverse effects that make their use in question in many countries.
In principle, what has told your mother is to go to the medical inspection and put a formal written protest in addition to asking for an immediate change of doctor with the reason that he does not know how to distinguish a DM1 from a DM2 and his knowledge failureBasic endangers your mother's life.
It has not had a diagnostic failure since your mother has been in DM1's diagnostic for years, so no excuse has any excuse.
I feel so hard but you can't allow an incompetent to endanger our lives

ernesto's profile photo
ernesto
11/01/2014 10:28 a.m.

DM1 Lada debut 22/12/2013 con 55 años

That is why I always tell you that the endocrine of Malaga gave them the title in the Tombola ......... if they do not kill my mother one is going to kill another

DiabetesForo
11/01/2014 11:10 a.m.

Send the shit to the endocrine.Tell him that he is all the reason in the world, that for those guidelines better stay at home.

tica's profile photo
tica
11/01/2014 12:56 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.