Lantus insulin

romevila's profile photo   10/07/2011 12:07 p.m.

Hello
Before I talked about the issue of Lantus insulin, but I can't find the subject ...
Please, after several months with the Lantus I have fattened 6 kilos, I used to use the levem and did not get fat.
Is there anyone in my situation?

romevila's profile photo
romevila
10/07/2011 12:07 p.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

This is an issue that we have already talked about several times in the forum.
While it is true that some studies point out that the Lantus has a discreet weight gain after years of using it ... that does not explain, at least, the weight gain you comment.

Perhaps, you should look for the explanation on other sides: you mayMore ... I mean there are many other factors, in addition to insulin, which make our weight increase.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/07/2011 1:26 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello
I have found this information and the endocrine has assured me that with the Lantus you earn about 4 kg of weight ....
I will try to put the Lantus insulin at night, to see if it turns out.

PONDERAL GANNENCY.- Patients treated with insulin tend to gain weight.In the UKPDS, the intensive insulin control group had a greater weight gain (1,4-2.3 kg) than those treated with sulfonylureas or metformin.In studies conducted with combined therapy of oral antidiabetics and insulin, the NPH Nocturna insulin administration was accompanied by lower weight gain than the administration of regular insulin or lispro before meals or that NPH in the morning, thus doing this way moreRecommended night administration of insulin in combined therapy.In different studies, less weight gain has been found with the insulin to hold than with the NPH or Glargina.

romevila's profile photo
romevila
10/17/2011 11 a.m.

If you control the hydrates, having the insulin dose well regulated, you do not have to gain weight.
I have not noticed any weight gain to Lantus and has been with her for 6 years.To control the weight, the only thing that works is the control of hydrates and fats.
Greetings :)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/17/2011 5:43 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I am with Lantus and I have not fattened, I keep in weight, it will depend on the hydrates and fats taken
Greetingsssss

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
10/18/2011 6:30 a.m.

I do get fat with the Lantus and told me the endocrine that was for insulin.When changing the bomb weights.(I ate more or less the same)

tica's profile photo
tica
10/18/2011 9:48 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

I will try to put it at night, to see .... the endocrine, for the moment he does not want to cchambiar me, says that I have fattened the kg that I needed, that I was very thin before.But I feel very bad, seriously.

romevila's profile photo
romevila
10/20/2011 12:20 p.m.

Tica, did you lose weight for insulin change or pump or by stopping taking antihistamines?is that I am lying

romevila's profile photo
romevila
10/28/2011 11 a.m.

First lose weight to go to the bomb.And four years later I lost when I left antihistamines

tica's profile photo
tica
10/28/2011 1:40 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

I click you and I haven't gained anything to, contrary

Ise's profile photo
Ise
03/03/2016 7:47 p.m.

It is true that the Lantus in itself does not get fat ... but you have to have super strict control not to gain weight with it ... I say it from experience, since I have also fattened a few kilos.In addition, when I punctuate the lantus at approximately half an hour, I start in hunger ... I don't know if they will be paranoia or what !!:-/

Deni's profile photo
Deni
03/03/2016 8:31 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.