Insulin or pills

JC1985's profile photo   10/19/2011 1:15 p.m.

Hello everyone, I wanted to tell you about this issue, I have diabetes since 2002, and my question is whether someone who started with diabetes injecting insulin later could take pills instead of having to inject.

I don't know what effect the pills do, really.

Well, thank you all, greetings.

JC1985's profile photo
JC1985
10/19/2011 1:15 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Pos no 8)
Except for certain cases in type 2 diabetes (bariatric surgery) or in some cases of diabetes produced by other diseases .... If you start with insulin, you must continue with insulin.

The pills are oral antidiabetics, or squeeze the pancreas to produce insulin or touquet the liver so that it does not release glycogen or help the muscles to receive insulin (they reduce insulinorers) or reduce the absorption of simple sugars (slows absorption and therefore glycemia rises much slower).

Type 1 diabetes always carries associated with insulin treatment ... Metformin can be added to reduce insulinist, but always with insulin.

Type 2 diabetes, the treatment is diet+exercise+oral antidiabetics ... When oral antidiabetics fail, it is passed to insulin,

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/19/2011 1:33 p.m.

My answer matches a little.

There are certain cases in type 2 diabetes, which after a period of insulinization, it is possible to remove insulin and continue with oral antidiabetics.
As long as they are modified and maintained a good body weight, the food is exercised and the food is controlled ... it is as if the pancreas is given and on your return you meet a new patient in better conditions.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/23/2011 4:39 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.