PAULA PROJECT AND RETAVED FUNDS CENTER INVESTIGO

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/29/2011 3:42 a.m.

A patron withdraws its donation to the ´rícipe Felipe´ for lack of guarantees

The mother of a girl affected by diabetes launches a project to collect funds for the investigation with which she has raised in just six months more than six thousand euros - the money will now go to a network of specialized centers in the case

Cristina Ponce (Valencia, 1968), mother of a 13 -year -old girl who debuted with type one diabetes is five years, has contributed to the Prince Felipe Research Center (CIPF) of Valencia only in six months 6,176 euros from donations collected tothrough the Paula project for the investigation of an effective diabetes treatment.After the budget cuts applied to the center and the future despair of the institution, which does not guarantee the continuity of the diabetes research line, the promoter of the initiative announced yesterday to Levante-EMV that has suspended the delivery of new quantities to theDo not guarantee the center the continuity of that research group directed by Dr. Deborah Burks.

"I know clearly that only scientists can cure my daughter."With this deep conviction Cristina Ponce launched the Paula project, an initiative that although she is named after her daughter lacks a personalist eagerness, she said.

In six months Cristina Ponce has organized raffles, solidarity snacks, has placed 35 hours in shops in Valencia, has managed to support more than twenty companies, the commitment of two of them to organize events and cup to Tacita, with a lot of patience, delivery and overflowing dose of courage and enthusiasm, has carried out the Paula project to contribute to the promotion of research and cure of diabetes.

"My best way to help in the fight against the disease is to provide people with a privileged brain such as researchers, who are those who do something important for all humanity," said Cristina who deeply admires researcher Carlos Simón.In fact, the Paula project arose while he was as a scientific director of the institution.
"Scientists are vocational and with what they get you can save a lot of money and fill us with happiness," the promoter declares.

In her journey as leader of the Paula Project, Cristina says she has received the help of many people who did not expect it.In her efforts to shorten the career towards the healing of diabetes, this affected mother urges politicians to give scientists "everything they need to continue investigating."

"If you invest in research, you spend now to save tomorrow and get a better world, because I am clear that science is the only solution in my daughter's illness," he says.

The dismantling news of 16 CIPF laboratories, the 40 % reduction in the salaries of the researchers who stay, the ERE and the dismissal of 108 people, and the drastic cut of budgets that endanger the viability of the center has madeThat Cristina Ponce changes the fate of her donations and now leads them to the CIBER DEM, a stable biomedical research network, based in Barcelona, ​​which works with diabetes and metabolic diseases.

"I will continue with the project on this network that offers guarantees, donations have to go to a diabetes laboratory, which is agreed, I do not want the money that donors give is used to clean the soil," he said.
The CIPF has received 46 donations this year for a amount of 8,295euros, 43 of them with 6,176 euros are from the Paula project.Concentration in Valencia on November 5
As donations have received to promote diabetes investigation through the Paula Project, it has entered the current account of the Prince Felipe Research Center.The first was 475 euros, of the first raffle.

"If I am sincere, I did not expect to raise more than 3,000 euros but there are many people who have deposited their confidence in me."

On November 5, the followers of the Paula Project will concentrate at six in the afternoon with white bats in the Valencia City Hall Square against the cuts in research and in support of science.
Cristina Ponce has asked the patient associations to adhere to the initiative.On the other hand, the director of the CIPF Diabetes Laboratory, Deborah Burks, declared that with a 40 % reduction in the salary it is not clear whether to stay in the center or not.The money collected in the Paula project was for a fellow who can no longer enter the CIPF.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/29/2011 3:42 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Some more information:

It seems to me a project to value and respect although I consider that wrong.
Indeed, every stone makes wall ... but it is easier to build where the stones are than to look for the stones first and bring them closer to the beginning of the construction.

THE PROJECT: It seems great enough, well organized and serious to "make war each on their own"

DiabetesForo
10/29/2011 3:48 a.m.

Well, as I feared, in the end I was right:
Link ... 11964.html >>
The mother who finances diabetes research takes the funds to the Clinical Hospital

Article by Pilar G. Del Burgo at Levante EMV yesterday Saturday 06/09/2012

Cristina Ponce, the Mother Valencian courage who has launched the "Paula Project" to raise funds to allocate them to the investigation of a therapy that ends diabetes, likes to say that her initiative was born as a small tree that now of which now nowA new branch arises that extends to the Research Foundation of the Clinical Hospital (Incliva), as she herself announced to Levante-EMV, where from now on, the entire money that can be collected in the different activities will be allocated, such as the tournament, such as the tournamentof football and raffle that will be held today in Paterna and in which 700 children and the beneficial concert of Alboraia of this month will participate.

Ponce, who has been chosen as the hero of the World Campaign of the European Diabetes Federation, has decided to end the collaboration of the Paula Project with the Prince Felipe Research Center (CIPF) of Valencia for the delay of the managers of the managers of theCenter to deliver the memory of voluntary contributions that arrive directly to the entity's account.

Two and a half months ago Cristina requested that document and as of yesterday, the answer was that you will have it next week.
With the money raised through this project, the laboratory directedHe renewed the contract until the end of the year and a laboratory assistant.

The trimming of funds to the scientific activity is so bleak that when the assistant square was announced, suffered by the Paula project, dozens of Post -Sdoc scientists with plenty of requirements for that job.

The same impetus that Cristina Ponce puts to undertake any type of activity, be it rifa, sale of t -shirts, children's snacks, thombolas and distribution of huchas to collect funds, also takes it out to demand the cent clarity in the accounts.And this is where he has begun to have his differences with the managers of the Prince Felipe Research Center.

In the PAULA of the CIPF project a month ago there were 41,000 euros that can already be 45,000.

The amount of what is paid for Silvia Sanz's contract does not fit.The managers first told him that the four -month salary amounted to 9,415 euros and subsequently informed him that the salary of one year was 35,300.

"The accounts do not come out because the one -year salary would have to be 28,245 euros and I fear that, as in other cases, they are also taxing 20 % for using the facilities," Ponce confessed that he stressed that with the difference in money betweenThe proceeds and what is paid to the researcher, can be faced with the salary of another assistant, "very important in the situation of budgetary weakness in which science is," he added.

"At the moment, Dr. Burks only has a diabetes research project, so," Ponce explained, "putting so much money in the CIPF I do not consider it convenient."

From now on all donations will reinforce the projects in diabetes of other centers, such as the Valencia Clinical Hospital and perhaps shortly, also the Carlos III Institute of Madrid.

DiabetesForo
06/10/2012 7:17 a.m.

It is sad, very sad, but the reality is stubborn.

Popular questioning in Spain, the private initiative to cover research and/or scientific activities, is under minimum and always under suspicion.
The absence of legislation on donations and sponsorships leaves these activities in limbo.

As links above, there are already consolidated enough options to create new things, which divide and confuse any interested in the subject.

DiabetesForo
06/10/2012 7:22 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.