Starting again with counts

kekiya's profile photo   11/09/2011 3:47 a.m.

Very good:
I wanted to expose you a problem, which for me is a world right now, since I am denied in mathematics, and for me this is complicated. After several years with diabetes and a disastrous diabetological education, I finally took letters in the matter, and I have begunWith the carbohydrate count. Before yesterday, on my last visit with my nurse, I taught me to calculate my sensitivity factor. Vale, even there everything, in front of you, the calculations go well .... the bad is alone and aloneat home...
Well, from Mom ento, I, per unit of insulin, the sugar lowers 43 UDS.E is my sensitivity factor, right?And for the ration of hydrates, I need 0.7 uds of insulin (I carry insulin bomb). Then see, the following approach:
-I'm going to breakfast 3.4 rations of hydrates, but I get up with 64 sugar. What calculations I need to do to know how much insulin I must put on, counting that I am 64 ?? and logically, to stay about 2 hours after breakfast, around120-140 ....

I am from letters, and I swear that there comes a time when the numbers make me a thick mass in my brain and advocate ... and I get frustrated and despair before something relatively that all or almost all diabetic should know in the heart.... why I feel silly ...

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
11/09/2011 3:47 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Do you have the Bolus Wizard configured in the bomb?Because it is very practical for what you raise because you only put grams or rations of carbohydrates and makes you the automatic calculation.You can put a different sensitivity index for food and dinner breakfast.If you use the contour link, the blood glucose already passes to the pump directly.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/09/2011 4:19 a.m.

Prado, I still have no configuration of the Wizard Bolus. I have said that we will do it later, but first he wants me to learn to calculate it for myself. If I do not learn, I will always depend on someone to calculate it, and what he wantsIncentivizing is my autonomy when calculating it without using the wizard.According to me, the FS is a living factor, and according to what situations (holidays, stresses, times of exams ...)simpler. The complicated comes when problems such as the one I put at first, with breakfast, starting from a hicc, how to avoid rebounding or trying to stay 2h later around 120-140 with the data I have ... in order, an impressive jaleo, which I am not used to, because I make a world, and I despair and I feel clumsy

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
11/09/2011 4:40 a.m.

If by ration of hydrates you need 0.7, you will have to multiply those 0.7 by the rations you are going to take (in this case, 3,4).That would give you 2.38 uds of insulin.Then you have to apply the correction: if you are 64, you are 26 to reach 90, which would be an advisable figure.Through a rule of three, if for 43 glycemia you need a unit, for 26 you will need 0.6, only that instead of putting insulin to reduce blood glucose, you have to subtract those 0.6 to reach 90 of glycemia.
Then, at 2.38 he subtracts 0.6 and results in 1.78.You can round 1.8 and voila.You would have to get 1.8 insulin.
I hope I have explained well.

DiabetesForo
11/09/2011 7:06 a.m.

Alea, have you explained phenomenal !!!I cost me a thousand!Maybe it is at first, and between the lack of practice and my denial with mathematics .... thousand thanks, you are a sun !!!

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
11/09/2011 7:19 a.m.

You're welcome, Kekiya, no one was born taught and for that we are in the forum.
By the way, congratulations, that I have seen that it is your birthday.

DiabetesForo
11/09/2011 7:22 p.m.

Thank you so much ;)

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
11/10/2011 3:19 a.m.

No I am surprised that your head is embedded with the HC count ... :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
I have it "pierced" since I debuted, back in 1986 ...

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
11/10/2011 4:33 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

hahaha, it's that even sweat they enter me when I don't even know where to start, or when I lied with some calculation ... :)) :))

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
11/10/2011 4:41 a.m.

Kekiya, many congratulations, have a good day
Greetingsssssssssss

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
11/10/2011 5:56 a.m.

Hello good!!!
Nothing, here I continue with my machaque and counts .... I am desperate.Nothing, I don't know if it's me that I don't know how to calculate, or that I do it wrong, or that my body reacts as you want. Well, before breakfast, it was in 49 (hypoglycemia), and I go to breakfast the same as always 3.4 youof hydrates
Well 3.4 HDS x 0.7 = 2.38
If I want to stay over 140 (since it starts from 49), well, every insulin you lowPut only for breakfast, 0.40 of insulin.Well, result at 2 hours of breakfast (264) .....
What do I do wrong?because it is not only at breakfast ... at the food and dinner of yesterday it also happened to me. You can blame the food and dinner to something that I did not count well, or some hydrate that would happen to me ... but in thebreakfast, they are "beans counted" ... pppfff .... I overwhelm me a lot, I want to do it well, and I don't even go out for me

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
11/16/2011 4:19 a.m.

What happened to you, in my opinion, is logical ..... What I do is first trace hypoglycemia with a little juice and then have breakfast my rations with its corresponding insulin.
In addition, I am clear that the hydrates count is not infallible, it serves to have an approach but you have to take into account what type of hydrates you are eating, if they are slow, fast ..... the physical activity that you are going todo, etc ...
Come on, the experience is more important than the count ......

DiabetesForo
11/16/2011 4:27 a.m.

Of course, I did not go back with a zumito, because I was just going to break breakfast ... come on, at that precise moment. So what I did, was to have breakfast, and to eat the last bite, put on the insulin thatTheoretically it was up to me ...

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
11/16/2011 4:32 a.m.

Well, I would advise you to use the practice more and less the theory ..... :)) :)) :))

DiabetesForo
11/16/2011 4:35 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.