Do I put a complaint to Osakidetza?

volodia's profile photo   11/10/2011 7:53 a.m.

They should give you the strips you need ... and 6 a day for a type 1, if you are like me, it does not even get to the snack.For many years I have assigned 10 daily, that if you do not ever withdraw them, nothing happens, but leave them assigned so as not to have to discuss when I need them (and if I leave the meter continuous, right now they would not even get to reachthe food).

Don't you spend them?Well, you keep them, you will need them ... Sometimes there are moments that you need more, whether by travel (especially abroad ... I remember once I went 15 days to England and they had to "lend" those of thePharmacy of the people several boxes of strips, because the SS said no), because some measurements repeat them because it does not match what you feel (and usually succeed) or simply by defective measurements (errors, little blood, etc).

That "you have to get maximum 6 controls per day" sounds very good in controlled laboratory conditions.I remember my bad years (without continuous measurement) the burden of strips

So for a type 1 diabetic, glucose strips should never suppose a problem or restriction.And if they do it because they cost them money, that they put a continuous measurement that in the end will get cheaper.And maybe it's how we have to press ... taking many strips, which we really need.

But it is my personal opinion, of course.

Greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
12/17/2017 11:55 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

That is what they would have to do, but they restrict them to the fullest..And that now endocrine and educators are already seeing the graphs of continuous measurement and glycemic instability.
Years ago they did not believe it and all the patient's fault was.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/17/2017 10:40 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.