My boyfriend is diabetic

DiabetesForo's profile photo   11/29/2011 5:33 a.m.

But now it is that I begin to suspect that he has serious problems and does not wantYear I told him that it could be and refused to believe it now has gone to the doctor and he has confirmed it but it is severe osteomeleitis, he is reluctant, I am not afraid, I don't know how to talk to him, or how to go to him sometimes, and I need to advise me as he can act,I don't know if this forum serves me I think if but not, advise me where I can enter and ask guidance

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/29/2011 5:33 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Domeliz, for what you tell us, your boyfriend's problem is not diabetes, but his character.
I'm afraid we can't help you with magical formulas.There are all kinds of diabetics: nice and unfriendly, ready and dumb, good and bad ... communication problems are not diabetes, but because of little compatible characters.
The only thing I can recommend is that you talk to a couple therapist or something similar.

Health

DiabetesForo
11/29/2011 9:20 a.m.

If what you are talking about is a severe osteomyelitis: shock ::?The most important thing is that this condition is well.
If you have it on the foot there is serious danger of amputation.

And to recover from osteomyelitis it is essential that you carry diabetes very well controlled (I imagine that type 1 diabetes, if you are young).

In my opinion, right now the problems of couple are the least ... It has serious health problems, so you should form a team and try to face this at the same time, also respecting their own space (because the same does notHe wants to make you suffer ... that the boys are very rare in this;)).

I know I don't solve anything ... but I think it's time to follow him more than guide him.

Denial is one of the first phases of a disease, so that perhaps your boyfriend is now facing the disease.The sensations and manifestations of anger or fear is typical.
Then comes the negotiation and acceptance ... although for that you can still miss time.

DiabetesForo
11/29/2011 2:31 p.m.

I really appreciate them, I know that in any person talking about amputation is quite delicate and nothing acceptable, and less when the affected person does not want to recognize it, and but being young, I do not know how it is in the case of women, inThe male's case carries so many difficulties, that makes more traumatic all day to day, I read cases of diabetes to see in which I can help him, the temperament changes are as sudden, I do not know how I can react at the time of a negative news, thenof a medical consultation, because my particular case is that I am never right in what I say ... if part is character. I dare to take the opposite in nothing although they tell me I have to be very severe and not let me manipulate, and I do not know in many cases when it is with depression as current.They have recommended that you have to see a psychologist.Thanks for your advice.It is not easy but I hope it is either difficult to take, although I feel that I do not know how to follow.Very grateful.

DiabetesForo
11/29/2011 6:43 p.m.

Domeliz, always thinks one thing: he has to love.
You can help you only if he leaves.

And not to dare to take the opposite, I think I really matter.Think if that relationship is well raised.

Health

DiabetesForo
11/29/2011 6:54 p.m.

Also because he does not let himself help.I don't know what strength I will have .. what I thank God that I have all the patience of the world, but I do not know even.I will end up a psychologist if he does not go.I will do everything possible to seek psychological help, since I fear it is a very strong case.

DiabetesForo
11/29/2011 7:35 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.