Basal pump regulation

Martina's profile photo   12/06/2011 5:45 a.m.

Hello,

I start asking:
My girl wears a bomb, Medtronic I see and sensor.So we have a super -monitorized girl.Well, despite these advances that are wonderful, we have several issues to perfect.
Some of the forgings that have a team similar to ours have enviable glycosylated hemoglobin, a 5.2!
Well goes the first question:
Basal-Bomba Regulation: What process do you follow to regulate you?

Martina's profile photo
Martina
12/06/2011 5:45 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Martina, eternal debate that of we have .... a 5.2 of hemo is not always achieved with stability, the cases I know are adults with a great domain of their illness, which practice a lot of exercise and that are quite methodical, stillThus, I also think that the organism plays an important role ... in a child, it is already a whipper to get it does not have large declines, and large ups, and maintain a hem close to 7, that is a perfect goal ....The sensor helps a lot, my daughter has achieved her best we are when she uses it, and all of them are between 6.2 and 6.8 .... Come on and for me it is a luxury to have it.
Hemo without ups and downs ... So don't hurry yourself for hemo, try better to avoid hypoglycemia that are so undesirable when children are tiny ...
With respect to the basal/bolus, you will have to observe several days with more or less equal variables, if the meals are high, low, etc., and idem with the posts of the meals .... in the first case,If they are high, surely it tells you that it is necessary, if they are low, they will indicate otherwise.I don't know if this is what you ask, if you could be more accurate.

greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/07/2011 2:16 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

I have several open fronts:

BASAL:

Basal daytime: Velia's annotations seem clear to me, I will follow them and I tell you.

Basal Night: We are hardly being found with the "almost perfect" basal and insulin doses far from going down in relation to the bolis we have uploaded them.When one day it seems that we have reached a good night basal, suddenIt is high again.Well, as you regulate the basal nighttime: Do you look every x hours the sensor data and then decide to lower or upload the basal of the previous time/two hours previous?How much dose of insulin do you decide to climb or go down?

Martina's profile photo
Martina
12/07/2011 5:57 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.