Change Slow Insulin Hours

jkn's profile photo   12/12/2011 10:56 a.m.

Hello dear forum partners!I want to change the time when I put the slow insulin (Lantus solostar. Insulin Glargina, 100 units/ml injectable solution), specifically in the afternoon (20.00h) in the morning (07.30h).

What is the most appropriate way to pass it from one hour to another?
(other options can also be suggested)
1-What day is the amount of insulin but an hour before until reaching 07.30h?
2-What a different amount of insulin in a little less units and an hour before until reaching 07.30h?
3-What day is the amount of insulin but an hour later until reaching 07.30h?
4-What a different amount of insulin in a little more units one hour later until reaching 07.30h?
5-Pasar directly from 8:00 p.m. to 07.30 am reducing amount of insulin that shed at 8:00 p.m. and the rest at 07.30h keeping in total the same number of units (in my case there are 20 units of slow insulin) per day andNext day already normalized all at 07.30?Observation: This option is the most comfortable and short in time but I have doubts about how to distribute the units between that last puncture at 8:00 p.m. and the first of the 07.30h.I could associate a number of units every hour through a rule of three, but it gives me that there is no proportion, it is not a linear function but exponential or logarithmic ....

The reason is more than anything because the times I have been putting it in the morning I managed to sleep before and had more energy throughout the day especially and at night I was tired enough to goTo the bed soon and without problem (I am almost certain that there is no direct or indirect relationship between the time of injection and the physical and animated state throughout the day, but I want to try).If you ask yourself because if I already put it in the morning I passed me in the afternoon it was because it told me that the endocrine did, I started at 10 am in the morning and I was injecting it an hour later every day until I reached the20.00h.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: I am Type I diabetic, my treatment is through a slow injectable diet and insulin (Lantus solostar, 20 units a day) and ultra -stroke (Humalog Kwikpen, 3 units before breakfast, 4 units before eating and 3 units before dinner).

Thank you!Good luck to all in the disease and better possible health

jkn's profile photo
jkn
12/12/2011 10:56 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The first thing would be for you to consult it with the endocrine or with the educator ... and see what they tell you.
It is important because sometimes small details of each one escape that in the forum cannot be known or detail.

If you want an answer, I would get the same dose advancing a couple of hours the time of injection.

Keep in mind that a time variation sometimes entails a dose variation, simply because in the morning there is more insulin resistance or because you do more exercise or because you sleep in the afternoon ... that you can only know by doing more glycemia.

You will tell us to see how.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/12/2011 11:49 a.m.

A quick change can be done by putting half the dose at night and the normal dose in the morning.
You will surely need a little more insulin if you put it in the morning, but it will last 24 hours without problem.
You will have to wait three or four days until stability.
My daughter, the change in the morning, came very well.Night hypoglycemia was avoided and lasts 24 hours.:)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/12/2011 2:26 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thanks for your opinions

jkn's profile photo
jkn
12/13/2011 11:49 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.