Reactive strips

ray-ban's profile photo   12/15/2011 4:34 p.m.

Hello everyone

My question is if someone knows what are existing strips in the market, which need less blood to do control ...

I use the strips of the optium plus, and many times I have to prick twice, which I am fed up with this!¬¬ so if anyone knows some better strips or some recommendation.

Thank you

ray-ban's profile photo
ray-ban
12/15/2011 4:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Stop Menarini, or Bayer.They use very little blood, the strips are very small and absorb the sample.Abbott with the strips is a mystery.I have abandoned with that device.I called them, I told them what was happening, they washed their hands saying that if my lot was bad and I don't know what else ... and I said ... how?So you thank me to tell you that you have to improve?Well, nice, there you stay with your xceed.And I have passed to Contour USB (Bayer), with which I am delighted.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
12/16/2011 4 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

In this link you have a good report on the different glucometers.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/16/2011 1:33 p.m.

Hehehe, Owash The link?

DiabetesForo
12/16/2011 2:49 p.m.

: Evil :: Evil :: Evil: Lick

Now yes: Link ... pdf001.pdf </a

One thing is the size of the sample that each glucometer needs and another thing the absorption of the strip.
Lifescan strips begin the analysis with any amount, although then it is not enough and therefore gives error.
Abbott strips require less volume but from whatever they have less absorption.Of course, until there is sufficient amount of blood does not start the analysis.

DiabetesForo
12/16/2011 3:02 p.m.

Thank you very much guys !!!I'm going to try to change my machine hehehe

ray-ban's profile photo
ray-ban
12/17/2011 3:32 a.m.

Helloaaa !!!I use those of Accouched (Aviva) and of which I have used are the ones that I like the most ... They also gave me a few in the pharmacy the ABBOT apparatus and I did not like the issue of absorption of the strips either.In addition the bowl was scared !!!I punctured me at least and a purple brand came out and everything !!

inmaats's profile photo
inmaats
12/19/2011 2:22 p.m.

Hello everyone, I use "Onetouch Ultra 2" and I am very happy, I also have Acu-Chek Aviva Nano to check the controls.
Greetings to everyone :))

DiabetesForo
01/27/2012 1:06 p.m.

Hello everyone, the endocrine gave me a "Opium Xceed" meter, to make me a acetone tests in blood, I was 3 years using them and good tube many problems, to get them and now it gives me 1 or 2 boxes of 10 strips,Until the last Vicita did not have.
So that a j ...... s touches
Greetings.: Oops :: Oops:

DiabetesForo
01/27/2012 1:15 p.m.

I also have the opium xceed to measure the ketone bodies and it has done well.At first I got a bit nervous, accustomed to the absorption speed of the Accouck, but it has never given me error.

DiabetesForo
01/27/2012 2:06 p.m.

Now Menarini measures the ketones with their lx plus+ glucomen

I have it of trial at home and measures fast, like everyone else, but its strips are of the last generation and without coding.In addition, it measures ketones and allows to establish with an icon system if the blood glucose is pre, post, etc.The sample is 0.3 and absorbs very well.

For the rest, the device is quite big.with a grip jumped on the sides.And as always, the strips box is a huge boat that makes Tucano's bag in which it is transported more apparent than it should.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/27/2012 2:30 p.m.

This has been used for two months, a compact, great meter, for me it is super comfortable when it comes to exit, the only thing missing is the background light, it also uses the normal size of the same brand.

Do you have it there?Here the link and has a video.

Greetings.: D

Nana's profile photo
Nana
02/29/2012 11:28 a.m.

Desde los 8 años con mi amiga Diabetes, llevamos de amistad 55 años...pa'lante siempre.

Hemo 5.9 enero 2014 Bombera 3 años.

Si algún día te sientes pequeño, inútil ultrajado y deprimido, recuerda que un día fuiste el espermatozoide mas rápido y victorioso de tu grupo.

I use the accu-check nano that is like that more or less with backight and markers of pre and postprandial ...

MeI's profile photo
MeI
02/29/2012 9:42 p.m.

Hello colleagues

I also use the accu-check Nano.The truth is that the apparatus is even beautiful and the style it has seems like a toy, it makes you half and has retro-ilumination ... but we take into account that the container of the strips is larger than the device itself ... well thenWe are in the same as the previous model.With the case it occupies exactly the same
My great inconvenience is that you need to support yourself to be able to measure yourself, you cannot do it walking down the street .... Although with techniques, good axilas making clamp hahahahaha you can get them without supporting you.

Hugs, Quim

Quim's profile photo
Quim
03/01/2012 5:20 a.m.

)No case is necessary.
The three B. Well, beautiful and cheap ... and comfortable to carry.

Greetings to all and the new ones who arrive.

Nana's profile photo
Nana
03/02/2012 6:47 a.m.

Desde los 8 años con mi amiga Diabetes, llevamos de amistad 55 años...pa'lante siempre.

Si algún día te sientes pequeño, inútil ultrajado y deprimido, recuerda que un día fuiste el espermatozoide mas rápido y victorioso de tu grupo.

Nana, what a good design that meter has, but we don't know it here.Let's see if any similarity to everything integrated comes to us.: D

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/05/2012 2:37 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

hello partners

I also use the accu-check Nano.The truth is that the apparatus is even beautiful and the style it has seems like a toy, it makes you half and has retro-ilumination ... but we take into account that the container of the strips is larger than the device itself ... well thenWe are in the same as the previous model.With the case it occupies exactly the same
My great inconvenience is that you need to support yourself to be able to measure yourself, you cannot do it walking down the street .... Although with techniques, good axilas making clamp hahahahaha you can get them without supporting you.

Hugs, quim

I have been using the Nano for a while, and yes, it has advantages as you say, but its strips are too large.Again the advantages of a small device are spoiled by the topic strips (or boat).

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
03/06/2012 3:17 a.m.

Ufff!I do not like those long strips of the accu-check, I used them not to waste the 50 that they sent me with the meter in the pump box ... but I have never used them again.

Nana's profile photo
Nana
03/08/2012 11:48 a.m.

Nana, what good design that meter has, but we don't know it here.Let's see if any similarity to everything integrated comes to us.: D

Regina and another of the advantages is that the drop of blood you use is minimal.: D

Nana's profile photo
Nana
03/08/2012 11:49 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.