"Diabetes only means a new way of life"

DiabetesForo's profile photo   12/16/2011 5:47 a.m.

David Lozano: “Diabetes only means one
New way of life ”

David Lozano wanted to go out of some rumors that have reached him after
His absence in Igorre and the last two tests of the Spanish Cup.The biker
Catalan received the news that he suffered from type 1 diabetes at less than 24 hours
before leaving for the World Cup.Given this situation David himself wants
Communicate the following:
Sometimes life surprises you
"As many of you will know in the last races I have not come to run or
I have been able to show signs of life on social networks.I'm not sick,
I am not afraid as it has been said for different Internet sites, everything goes
beyond and has a why.
Everything dates back to the last month of November.I was quite in shape and me
I felt quite well on the bicycle, I ran in Les francs del Vallès and
I almost noticed that the legs were alone, he recovered very well from the efforts, he had
A lot of desire to train and the objective was to reach the glasses of Spain and
Be able to get some good results viewed the sensations.
Four days before going to Gijón my throat hurt, I had a small infection
In the neck but I didn't give importance, nothing was going to deprive me of going to the Spain Cup,
Once in Gijón it sounds bad to say when you are struggling to do second but
The sensations were disastrous, there was nothing comfortable, very decentralized and the worst
It was tremendous back pain, I thought it could be the trip, which was very
long.The next day in Navia the same, I could be fighting in front but I didn't go
with the ease of the previous weeks.
I talked to my coach Jaume more and sent me rest days thinking that
It was a matter of an accumulation of tiredness because of travel and training.The
Next week I continued training for the last test in Mataró and
The truth that no day was comfortable.Many days had to stop to rest
in refrigos in which weeks before I rose to the dish, psychologically began to
turn the matter to see what could be the cause of my poor performance but
I attributed everything to fatigue as I said.
After running in Mataró, I only thought about the magnificent week that
I expected on the bridge of La Purísima and run almost every day that is really what
I like it.On Monday I already noticed something weird, I saw nothing ... that's how it was almost blind.
Normally the view is one of the things that I have perfect in the reviews,
I even went to the oculist and saw me some myopia but nothing exaggerated as for
Not seeing anything.The symptoms increased.He urinated about 20 times a day, drank 8 or 9
Liters a day, until Friday I had different sensations.
At the time of food, out of curiosity, I looked at blood sugar with the device
From my father (he is diabetic) and was 490, almost 5 times higher than normal.A
Crofrío toured all my body, I knew that it was impossible if my pancreas
It worked well but they were not going to truncar my plans to go to Igorre and I went out to
noon to shoot by bike with my friend Jordi.During all the training I was going
Chocking the trees, I unbalanced me, my head hurt.Jordi and my parents
They took me to the hospital, they admitted me immediately, they gave no choice to anything,
I couldn't go to Igorre, they didn't stop doing evidence, blood analysis, urine,
They measure sugar, questions from my sensations in previous weeks, they didn't give me
From eating, I only had a serum on the vein, everything was going through my head and
Not good.
In the next morning the doctor appeared and gave us the famous news which the
people have taken from context "you are diabetic, type 1", at that time I only
He annoyed my mother's face upon receiving the news."That's what there is" I thought but
The question was much simpler than the explanation, can I ride a bike? "; and
Everyone looked at me with a face"Take it calmly colleague."I could not be
With that doubt but it is reality, I have to take time to know my
body, as reacts with efforts and how I adapt to my new form of
Life to be able to be again and be able to give war on races.
Every day I go better both physically and on the subject of my illness but that
It is what I want to make clear.It is a disease but I take it as a
New way of life, which does not sound so bad.I don't want people to think "poor
Chaval "I am one more, and I know, for the education that my parents have given me and what
I have taught this beautiful sport that is nothing easy, that every step you take to
front has to be complicated but surpassed with effort and I will render to me
Level even if there are the opposite.
I am annoying that I have touched me because from the barrier everything is very easy but
This is going to be my motivation added to how hard this sport is and, of course,
Take advantage of each and every good and bad moments that will give me
From now on.
My therapy is going to be very simple, I will go to run all the races I can for
to be able to regulate my insulin dose and glucose intake and if they go wrong then
Well, and they go well because better, the important thing for me right now is to be
In every way.It seems that it is a "pupae" but I tell this this is why
Do not get the things of context as it has happened until now.A hug and happy
Christmas, to eat nougat for me. "
David will be in the next international cyclocross in Valencia with the aim of
continue in your progression and recovery as well as continue giving everything that
Have to enjoy the bicycle.
Source: Bri Spots Press

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/16/2011 5:47 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, fiche by:
It won't be in a better place ...

Brutal about your debut: shock ::-/

Let's see if I can see it in the Valencia Ciclocross

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/16/2011 1:36 p.m.

That has to be the spirit, yes Lord.

Diabetes is just a bit more complicated than wearing glasses: mrgreen:

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
12/19/2011 4:44 a.m.

Nacho ... we will be more realistic.Diabetes is much more complicated than to wear glasses and depends on the year on the diagnosis, those of recent appearance cannot be compared to diabetic dinosaurs.

romevila's profile photo
romevila
12/19/2011 4:27 p.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

nacho ... we will be more realistic.Diabetes is much more complicated than to wear glasses and depends on the year on diagnosis, those of recent appearance cannot be compared to diabetic dinosaurs.

I give you the reason.
They are not comparable for the purpose that now the protocols are much more demanding and drastic than 25 years ago, which were much more lax, and where they were very calm when it came to gradually lowering your middle glycemia.Not to mention the chaotic and full of insulin conditions of that time.You did not live with diabetes, but for diabetes.You had to feed the beast promptly at the indicated hours or those insulins devoured you alive with huge hypoglycemia.

As for whether it is a new way of life ... of course.The one who says that it is nothing, or does not have an idea of ​​diabetes or lies like a Bellaco.Diabetes affects us in our life, because we cannot forget it at any time of the 24 hours that it has the day.And something that requires continuous planning for something we are going to do is already an alteration of our usual life.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
12/21/2011 6:42 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Nor if you are a baby, or a child, or an adult ... go if it is complicated ... another thing is that you learn to live with this and try to wear in the best possible way, but ufff.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/21/2011 2:02 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello colleagues.
As I say, carrying diabetes is easy;Wear it is very difficult.Of course, life changes and a lot but in me, diabetes did not stop doing all the things I like.
Many hugs, Quim

Quim's profile photo
Quim
12/22/2011 3:52 a.m.

Yes, QUIM is indeed, but I insist a diagnosis of diabetes 3 decades ago is not the same as now.
Before it looked like a sin and not to this, not to the other, many "do not" to things that are "yes" in moderation and responsibility, before it was unimaginable that you could take an ice cream, with the aggravating one that the products did not exist withoutSugar (that is another theme PQ carry other sweeteners Q, the definitive one becomes the same or similar ...).They saw you as a sick, poor, has "diabetis", if they used to say diabetis instead of diabetes, they kickened up when you passed.

It was unthinkable to calculate the insulin sensitivity index, the amount of hydrates related to insulin units.
I corrected me if I'm wrong, but at least this happened in Pamplona, ​​and they took me in the Cun, "one of the best endocrine" of the moment, if not the best.I, bad I have that time.

Go if my life changed diabetes, of course I did everything that was expected to do a girl at that time, I mean a degree, I do not spend much, have you to lift at 9 at the latest to breakfast, walk an hour to theday yes or if even with snow, rain, cold, I had my daughter with 17 years of evolution of the disease (the best I did in my life) with a regulatory glycosilada, remembering him, the tears skip him ...

However, taking advantage of the date I wish you all days to everyone, and see you next year, at least what is concerned.

romevila's profile photo
romevila
12/22/2011 4:17 a.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

Helloaaa,
Diabetes has not prevented me from doing the things that I like, I do the same as before, my food has taken a turn and for good, I have better and I take more care of myself, but of course, I carry little, I have not livedThe year ago, and as Romevila says the diagnosis of 3 decades ago is not now.
Romevila, are you from Pamplona?Cerquita we are, I from San Sebastian, I was recently in Pamplona spending the day
MUXUSSSSSSSSSSS

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
12/22/2011 4:34 a.m.

nacho ... we will be more realistic.Diabetes is much more complicated than to wear glasses and depends on the year on diagnosis, those of recent appearance cannot be compared to diabetic dinosaurs.

I see that the smiling icon has not understood ... of course that diabetes is more complicated than wearing glasses, and a few years ago it was much more.And with young people worse, and ... and ..... and ...... I am realistic, I know what I have, and what implies me.

But, for me, it is not much more complicated than wearing glasses, I do not let me mark my life, that I conditions you beyond the fair and necessary.I continue with my life, although it has changed in many ways.But I keep diving, since you have to exercise, what better to run, and go thinking about running half a marathon .... I keep going out the nights that I feel like, I will not take 5 cubatas to use, but I take 2, with aromato the rum ... I work one day, and the next one giving me the great physical beating ... and I adapt without major problems.

I do not feel any shame for my ailment, I measure glucose in public, in the middle of the street, or where it touches me.I inject in the same way, in a restaurant, in the bar of a bar, or where I need to do it.He who looks, then look, and who does not like, look the other way.

My spirit regarding diabetes, is the same as David's ...... will not condition my life, no more than wear glasses.

Greetings and good night.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
12/23/2011 2:32 a.m.

Nacho, I agree on everything you have said, in fact, I do exactly the same, I even shed in public, and I measure myself in front of the people, who does not want them not to look, we are still doing exactly the same thing as beforeFrom diabetes, it is what I have had to live, and well, for now I am delighted, it will be that I have taken it with great optimism, but it is that I have been great
Greetingsssss

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
12/23/2011 7:24 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.