Altisima diabetes

ELSIEMPRE ALTO's profile photo   01/02/2012 5:15 a.m.

GOOD MORNING!
It is the first time I write in this forum.
I am type 2 diabetic and insulin-dependent since it has a little more than a year.
I am currently putting 32 Lantus units at night and 12-15-12 of Novorapid before each meal.
In the last analytical control I had the glucosilada at 8.00.
The stockings of my controls before each meal are about 200 in the morning, about 160 at noon and about 185 at night.
As you can always see it have it very high.
What do you advise me to lower my sugar level?
Ah!For issues of work schedule, I do very little exercise ... and maintaining a severe food regime costs me a lot.
Thanks for your advice.

ELSIEMPRE ALTO's profile photo
ELSIEMPRE ALTO
01/02/2012 5:15 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome!!

The only thing that lowers glucose, in addition to exercise, is insulin, so you will have to adjust your doses to the amount of carbohydrates you eat.
If you are high when you get up and before meals it is missing Lantus.Do you measure yourself after meals?
To lower that hemo there is no choice but to measure glucose often and adjust little by little, first the basal (lantus) and then the novorapid if you have the posts.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/02/2012 6:14 a.m.

Hello, welcome to the forum

Could you get half an hour to walk every day?just walk ... and if they were every day at least on weekends.
It is that without exercise it is complicated that better insulin sensitivity.

The doses you carry are fixed ???How do you eat the same amount or always eat the same?
It is important because normally it is about adapting the rapid insulin doses (novorapid) to what you eat ... especially carbohydrates.

Look at this website:

It seems that you miss a dose of Lantus because you are high at breakfast and at dinner ... although you should check with the glucometer and with the doctor.

I imagine that the GP will take you, right?, The same would not be an interconsultation with the endocrine and with the educator nurse.

Going from 8 to 7 glycosilada you have it within your reach, changing little things you will get it, sure.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/02/2012 12:12 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.