Hello

NoAddedSugar's profile photo   01/09/2012 12:44 p.m.

Hello everyone,

He wore a temporary repeating this phrase, so he will not matter if he does it once more: I lie on December 15 perfectly normal and when I got up on the 16th it was diabetic.It was supposed to only collect the routine analyzes that make us in the company ... When the doctor told me, "you have the blood sugar very high, sure you didn't have breakfast that day?"I show it.Very clear.I've been without breakfast for 15 years ... It would have been coincidence that I took an outburst on the day of the analysis.I have close people with DM type 1 and late tenths of second to recognize the symptoms ... I had lost weight despite eating at all hours (and that since it is a problem ???), I got up in the middle of the night withBeword to drink a river ...

From there confusion, anger and a 3 -day income at the hospital.

Now I am supposed to be a honeymoon ... I started with 12 of Lantus, and 2-6-4 of Novorapid.As soon as I returned home and to make normal life I had to go down to 10/2-4-4.Right now I am 8/1-2-1.And despite everything I have hypoglycemia.And I think it's because I'm doing it wrong.I do not say that there is no that of the honeymoon phenomenon but I have fatal the portions.I have never eaten too many hydrates.They do not attract me especially.If they give me to choose between salad and rice, I take the salad and I have never eaten bread with food, unless it is a snack.It gives me the impression of being making a terrible effort to eat different and also without especially good results ...

I don't know if it shows, but this is also affecting me a lot of humor.Let's see if here I find some empathy and help, because I feel fatal ...

NoAddedSugar's profile photo
NoAddedSugar
01/09/2012 12:44 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, welcome !!!!: D

Empathy and help you will find here all you want;), you are just diagnosed so normal you feel like that.You are on a honeymoon so if you still have hypoglycemia you will have to continue going down and eat hydrates is necessary, more or less quantity but you have to eat everything, hydrates, proteins and fats.
Raise all the doubts you have and if you need to vent here we are: D

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/09/2012 1 p.m.

Jelou, welcome to Matrix.

Yes, because before you saw food and now you see carbohydrates ... now you see reactive strips down the street (it happens to me, I swear), before you do not even look.
It is a new world ... in which we all expect our messiah :)) :))

Well, seriously ... You have reminded me a lot of my debut ... almost identical, unless I refused to enter and fuck the voluntary discharge (an unconscious, although with powerful reasons).

Eating without hydrates, I could always be very hydrates and now I almost changed to the greens;)

You don't have to eat what they tell you ... well, now until you control the issue versus insulin.
From there, you can choose what you want and want, without more ... provided that your health does not look out, obviously.
Although as Prado says, the theory tells us that you have to eat everything and balanced in the different meals.

As for humor ... Well, psychologists say that diabetes goes through different phases and at the beginning is that of denial and confrontation ... it is understandable;You have not done anything to deserve the DM1 (as Woody Allen said) and you are suddenly and on top of that ******

We usually comment that you don't live for diabetes but with diabetes ... although sometimes you need to curse everything around you.

Give yourself time ... Diabetes is not an excuse for anything or reason for anything, so don't let a controllable disease modify your way of being.

DiabetesForo
01/09/2012 2:32 p.m.

Hello!They have answered you very well Prado and Owash.You don't have to vary the meals you made, just adapt insulin to the rations you eat.
That will take time, until you control rations and insulin.If you have hypos, lower insulin.
Much encouragement that, over time, you will almost normalize life again.:)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/09/2012 4:03 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Welcome to a new life, which in a few months will be better than the previous one.

If you go with hypos, go down insulin, I got to take the lantus completely, and I still without it.

My advice for which it begins, carries a detailed newspaper of what you eat, in what quantity, measurements, and insulin dose.After a few months, you will do without it, because you will control those variables.

And my second advice, as soon as the hypos are controlled, begins with some exercise, it is not necessary to become a professional, but a little exercise every day contributes to your glycemia, your health and mood entering perfect harmony.

Welcome to the sweet side of force.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
01/10/2012 2:30 a.m.

Welcome!!!!
Little by little you will get used to this new life ... and as they tell you as soon as you have all the parameters of your hand, the food specifically will be any problem ...
Courage and here we are for what you need.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/10/2012 7:07 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello again,

Thank you very much for your support.The truth is that I need.Continuing with this glorious streak of good luck, this morning I had a devastating experience with my header (the same as when I went with the hospital admission report told me "then that, the discharge for tomorrow, right?").All of it oozes sensitivity and empathy.He says he has worn me so that he learns a routine and not what I am doing.That I have lowered the dose not by a honeymoon or anything that seems to him, that as few hydrates and I do what he wants.That if she tells me that Mernda, to do it and point.That if I thought I can continue to make normal life that I forget.And after such a psychological beating to finish, he tells me in sarcastic ton "then what?I have started crying like a Gili and the worst has come.I tell him that I am worried about hemoglobin and he tells me that it is not necessary to wait for the results, that as I will have it if I just debuted, because badly.That I am not a doctor and that if someone has to worry, she will tell me.That you have to see things in context.That or that they had detected a cancer (take! Phrase for memory!).I tell him that emotionally I do not find myself to work again, that I have a position of responsibility and 5 people in my charge and I spend that "Puff, 5, that is nothing."I tell him that in a month and a half I have had my father in the hospital, a car accident and a work rate of 14 hours a day and to finish off, this !!And he tells me that anyone has a bad streak and that to see if I want her to tell me her life.I tell her that perhaps I should see the things on the other side and it jumps that she sees both sides perfectly, that the one who does not see things clear is me ...

And I say, in 10 years of career do not give any subject of psychology?or ethics, which I think is mandatory in all ...

Anyway ... It seems to me that I am going to ask for a change of header doctor, because the diabetes I will control it, but a couple more faces with the phenomenon is and what they give me is a decrease in depression ...

NoAddedSugar
01/10/2012 8:03 a.m.

Hello,

No case for your GPMother: however rare, most diabetes may seem more knowledge than pediatricians /header.

Go from him, but who is it to tell you that you have to change your life?And the bad gusts, it is clear that diabetes will not fill your quota with misfortunes (hopefully), but that you diagnose diabetes is a great "event" in your life.If you see what you need help, go to a psychologist.When I went to the Children's Hospital, they made me psychological tests in the annual review, and one year they sent me to the psychiatrist.Do not forget the psychological load involved in diabetes.

But still, try to continue your usual life, diabetes has to become a routine, how to wash your teeth ... When you see yourself with energy, return to work, the best remedy for not thinking about something, is to keep the mind busy.

tica's profile photo
tica
01/10/2012 8:22 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Simply advice: change the header.
You don't have to endure someone like that and you are in your right to choose.

Welcome home.

DiabetesForo
01/10/2012 10:37 a.m.

But it is not an endocrine who treats you?The header does not treat cases of type 1 diabetes.

DiabetesForo
01/10/2012 10:38 a.m.

If you tell us where you are, more or less, we can guide you a bit about how things are in your area.

But it is a nonsense that the header treats you ... much more being a head like that.

DiabetesForo
01/10/2012 11:38 a.m.

Change to the doctor tomorrow ...... And if you can, put a complaint in patient care.At least, that it is recorded for the future.

I spent 5 days in the hospital, they sent me home on a Friday, and on Monday I was curing, with my juices in tow, and with fear when doing any exercise, because the hypos came to me quickly ......My head doctor threw my anger to take a couple of weeks off, until the subject would dominate a little ... but my mind told me that it was best to recover my life as soon as possible, and that I did.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
01/10/2012 noon

It is Cabestra ... and Galdakao's ambulatory for more signs.
It is not the one that treats me not, although it is considered more than enabled for it.I explain myself, I went to collect the analysis of the work and told me to see an endocrine urgently and for that I had to go through the header.So I took time and asked me there.And without blinking the Tipa told me yes, that confirmed diagnosis, that I had diabetes and that I had to start dealing with insulin.He wrote to me in the same recipe a "gross" guideline (if you have more than 250 you put x units, if you have between 200 and 250 ...) and told me to pass with the nurse to give me a glucometer and teach meTo click on me.The ambulatory nurse filled a bag of varied gadgets and gave me a ticket in 10 minutes.Ah, and that they went down to me to give me an appointment with the endocrine. So that I left there in the authentic state of shock, I went down to the first floor and they met me for the endocrine on February 20 (2 months later !!!!!) and they told me that to try to advance it all I could do was go ask for an assessment from the hospital.
Still without believing it at all, I went obediently to the pharmacy, I bought insulin and glucagon, and as it was late I went home to eat.I measured the sugar and according to the pattern, I did not have to prick (I smelled the guideline).Once I sat down and thought it coldly, the guideline did not convince me and that the endocrine did not see me in 2 months less.So I went to the hospital.I do not know if they entered me because I was 312, for the state of shock or because I told them everything that had happened to me in the last 6 hours.What if I know was that they made everything that I had prescribed the GP, a very pleasant endocrine and I am in permanent contact with the "Diabetes Nurse" of the hospital, which is a real charm (and when I haveCount of this morning, because I have not been able to repress, he told me that neither case).

But of course, I have to go where the other sympathetic ...

To return to work and return to the routine ... I suppose that it depends so on the work you have.I have breakfast, like and merchandise at work.And sometimes Ceno.And if this is complicated to regulate itself, the canteen food was not going to fix it ... for me the sensible thing is to reincorporate me when I have a certain (physical and emotional) control of the situation.

NoAddedSugar
01/10/2012 1:31 p.m.

They are the wild differences of medical protocols .... what barbarity.

I went on a Monday to see my doctor, I told him that I was losing weight, that I drank a lot, etc ... and that they had advised me to look at my sugar, he did it ... 375.
They looked at me ketoacidosis in my urine, marked a maximum undoubted and directly sent myself to hospital emergencies to enter.I fell into the hands of authentic professionals, and until today without any complaint (except when my endo has been absent and touched the practices).

Each job and each person are a world.You should undoubtedly return when you feel prepared to do it.But my advice is to recover normal life as soon as possible, you have to be strong and recover control as soon as possible.I can make all meals at home, but my work is very variable in the issue of physical wear, and not always planned.As soon as I spend the day in the office, as I have to be eight o'clock, moving from one place to another and making physical effort, with all that that entails.

But we must not let anything with us, and recover control of our life.

all the best.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
01/11/2012 2:39 a.m.

Hi Potxola:
Change the header but now!I have been with diabetes for a short time but the first thing everyone has told me is to try to make normal life, carefully in certain things, but my life.In addition to the debut it is necessary support and more first of all that has happened to you and she is not giving it to you.And they offered it to me that I was studying.My doctor recommended that I was a quiet time until I got used to it.I did not take it, but what we need before this new beginning is support of the people who treat us.I have outraged.It happens to me and already has a complaint.

garbitxu's profile photo
garbitxu
01/30/2012 5:59 p.m.

I am hallucinating with the medical care that has been given to you.Where is the survival or initiation course?If that doctor has not assigned an endocrine, put a complaint in patient care, please.We need those complaints in writing to be able to protest Osakidetza when something does not do well.

I am glad that in the Galdakao hospital you have attended you as God commands.
But as everywhere, they are saturated and cannot provide us with all the education that a type 1 needs (which is a lot).And that is where the association enters.I advise you to come to the association so that, in the first place, we support you and find a small psychological relief said by someone who is in your very situation and that knows a lot about the subject.And secondly, so you can benefit from a complete educational program for type 1 diabetics. Our quota is ridiculous and immense benefits.

And if you need a personal talk as a psychological therapy to relieve stress that has generated that incompetent doctor, you can count on me.You send me a private and see you.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/31/2012 6:52 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.