Novata doubts

NoAddedSugar's profile photo   01/10/2012 11:39 a.m.

Holitas to all,

I see that here there are a lot of expert people in the field, so to see if you illustrate me a little.
I have already managed to take away the fear of the needles and right now what it costs me the most in this world is to count rations of hydrates.I have the feeling that I'm going a little blind.A practical example, if I am going to eat: a deep plate of pods (only pods), a portion (bar pintxo) of potato tortilla, 2 slices of mold bread and a medium cluster of grapes How many portions of hydrates am Ieating?5?6?less?

I'm made a mess ...

NoAddedSugar's profile photo
NoAddedSugar
01/10/2012 11:39 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well depends on what you fill the pod plate, the size of the tortilla ...
Without weighing it and without seeing it it is difficult to give you a specific answer ..

At first it is a rollazo to measure it and weigh everything ... but little by little you will do it to the eye meter perfectly ... as in everything it is a process of successes/errors, we usually learn more from errors: mrgreen:
Do not worry not to get it around ... it is a matter of time and insistence.

Read this:

It is best to point everything you eat, what occupies the food on the plate (even take photos) to gradually have a base on which to trust, that is, if you ate grapes today and had 12 grapes like 2 rations then thenYou were short and you needed more ... Well, you know that next to the next one you must tell it as 1 more unit.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/10/2012 11:51 a.m.

May the scale accompany you ........ at least the first months.

At home, I still weigh almost everything, although the eyelet works great with the experience.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
01/10/2012 11:55 a.m.

As Nacho and Owash tell you, it is essential to have a scale at hand, it is the only way at the beginning and above all to have a lot of patience because it seems very difficult but it is not so much.

DiabetesForo
01/10/2012 12:12 p.m.

Thank you very much to everyone.I find your answers super use.
I have already bought a kitchen and re -re -deed the newspaper.Now I point out precise amounts of everything like.Let's see if this is more.

Anyway, I do not know if right now the testing is veryThe units that touch me and the two -hour I am in 226. The diabetologist tells me that it is better that I take away Lantus and refer more with the novorapid depending on what he eats.

How have you made the east adjustment of the honeymoon or rather diabetic roller coaster?

Zenkius

NoAddedSugar
01/11/2012 9:17 a.m.

I didn't have a honeymoon ... a coincidence with my single condition :)) :))
It's hard because you can't control your pancreas ... I still let go that for not letting go ...
Being type 1, you will hardly get rid of glycemia self -analysis, or be on honeymoon

The Russian mountain will always exist, to a greater or lesser extent, but glycemic stability is a mana that we all look for and very few manage to approach.

He thinks that we cannot control 100% everything that affects glycemia ... hormones (those great unknown) have a brutal impact on glycemia and before that little or nothing can be done.In the case of women, because more accused of the issue of ovulations and others.

It is logical to first adjust the lantus and then the novorapid.
It is usually useful to chop the days and set partial objectives.
First focus on looking for good values ​​for the night.It is the period with less exercise and theoretically more stable, it is 1/3 of the day, we do not usually eat anything and therefore we do not use the rapid.
You must find the lowest possible value when bedor two units.
Keep in mind that changes in the dose in Lantus, sometimes, can take effect for a few days ... it does not have to be immediately.

Then you can jump forward and see what values ​​you get to dinner (assuming you put the Lantus at night).
Sometimes it does not usually cover 24 hours, but stays at 22 or even 20.
If you get very high, you should evaluate glycemia 2 or 3 hours before.If it is normal and it is in those 2-3 hours when it goes up it means that it does not cover you 24 hours.
If you get down, it may be that you have too much dose of Lantus.

DiabetesForo
01/11/2012 11:49 a.m.

Hi Owash!

Thank you so much.I will do that, focus on dinner that is where I have the most rare measurements.Two days ago I arrived at dinner at 68, I started to eat and I put the novorapid a little later, so that it would not get more suddenly and two hours later ... 226!Yesterday, the same movie, all day well, I look before dinner and 59 !!So again the same song and in two hours 218. The thing is that I go to bed like this and lift myself well, between 89 and 112.

Today I experiment: I'm going to get one more than a novorapid at dinner and I'm going to remove 2 from Lantus (which gives me what produces the downspouts between meals ...)

Let's see how it goes!

NoAddedSugar
01/11/2012 12:17 p.m.

If you get off the meals, you have plenty of Lantus.Lower a couple of units, and look to see how you go the next 3 or 4 days.If you keep falling down, remove another 2.

Once the lantus has been adjusted, you get in the posts to adjust the novorapid.

But do it with the same dynamic, try to keep the amount and type of hydrates stable at each meal, and take out the average of the last 3.4 values ​​for that meal.

All the best.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
01/13/2012 10:55 a.m.

The truth is that the rations and I do not get along very well ... the levels give me correct but I always have the doubt of whether I am eating well or not.I have a doubt as a result of meals, the days that as vegetables (I am lucky and love) despite weighing them and measuring them correctly I always have hypoglycemia but I am careful with the second and I do not do something strong as a booked booked, something withpotatoes and so on.In principle I think it shouldn't be so?Those days as more bread and juggle so that they do not give me low levels.It is a pity because I love vegetables and for dinner for example, that I arrive home late, many times spinach in scrambled with something of second quickly and a piece of fruit.These days I have to give me less novorapid because if I do not end the sugar.Do you adjust it well, or can you give me any advice?
I have exposed it here because it is a bit linked to the subject
Thanks in advance, that we would make the rookies without you ... hehehe

garbitxu's profile photo
garbitxu
02/01/2012 6:56 p.m.

It is that the vegetables do not tell them, I consider them free, for example I ate spinach yesterday, a good dish, then croquettes, bread, fruit so I considered the portions of both bread and fruit and the croquettes and I put the insulincorresponding down a little because the spinach make the beak less, at least in me ....I want to tell you that you have no choice but to experience because one thing is the theory and another practice;) the diet by portions helps you a lot but in the end the trial-error is what is best for .....
Ahh I also love vegetables: D and as without limitations ...... :)) :))

DiabetesForo
02/02/2012 3:28 a.m.

Apart from everything they have told you, this could also help you:
Link

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
05/29/2017 1:24 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.