doubts

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/12/2012 11:49 a.m.

Every year I take routine exams and had never detected anything.Four months ago I began to lose weight without apparent cause, I was continuously tired and had most of the time the dry mouth and desire to drink water.The doctor asked me for blood analysis and this time the glucose was very high 338, he gave me a diet and a medicine (Zomarist met 50/100), I followed all his indications at the foot of the letter and when I did new analysis again in15 days the glucose examination gave 0.99.The doctor referred me to a nutritionist and did not give me more medications that means that I have diabetes and should I always take care of myself?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/12/2012 11:49 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, it looks like you have type 2 diabetes, so yes, if you are going to have to start taking care of yourself, so that it does not derive in a type 1.

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
01/13/2012 3:22 a.m.

Type 2 does not derive in type 1. different causes that cause them.

DiabetesForo
01/13/2012 8:08 a.m.

I started as she, detected, the pills, the diet ........... and in little more year admitted, type 1.

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
01/14/2012 10:32 a.m.

Because you were badly diagnosed at the beginning as type 2. As ALEA tells you a type 2 diabetes does not derive in type 1, there comes a time when the treatment with pills no longer serves and they send them insulin, but it is still type 2 diabetes.

DiabetesForo
01/14/2012 11:16 a.m.

In type I the pancreas does not secrete insulin, in type II secretes insulin but does not work correctly.There are also doctors who have labeled type 1.5 (called honeymoon), it is a type I that at the beginning produces insulin, after a few months stop producing it, doctors at the beginning think it was a type II, when it turns outwhich is a type I, or 1.5.

Anyway, one person with type II who passes to insulin does not mean that it is type I, it is type II with insulin. Type I and II are different nursing and does not pass from one to the other.

All the best

DiabetesForo
01/15/2012 6:57 a.m.

What you describe as type 1.5 is not honeymoon but lada diabetes;As you say later, the beginning is similar to type 2 and over time they end with zero C to zero and needing basal bolus therapy identical to type 1

DiabetesForo
01/15/2012 8:39 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.