new meter different from others

HanSolo's profile photo   01/18/2012 11 a.m.

Sanofi, a company that until now we had no more than as insulin producer (Lantus), have launched a glucose meter that as a novelty with respect to the rest of the market, is that it is not an independent apparatus, but is an extensionFor the iPhone, which will show and store the result and graphics.
The idea is very interesting because it saves space (if they do not fall with the strips and its boat, as they usually do almost all).And because a good iPhone application would allow to see the results in situ and analyze them with great detail, providing more information than the rest of the meters offered.

Sanofi's told me that he was already going to launch in Spain.What is not what they understand by "already."And of course, they have to enter the material supply competitions of the different autonomies, which is another singing ...

Here you have the apparatus

Here you have how it is linked to the iPhone

Here you have how it is if you integrate it into a "all in one" with an ad-hoc housing

And there you have a more info link:

I LIKE IT!!I want one now !!

Edito to add a French video in which they make one of those famous "Unboxing", this time of the Ibgstar meter.
Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/18/2012 11 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Since I saw the first prototypes a year ago it was the only reason I was going to have to succumb to temptation .... except that other mobile manufacturers react quickly and have it available in other brands.

Thanks for the information.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
01/18/2012 11:08 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

By the way, as it looks, as feared, they have shown it like the others with the fucking boat of the strips.Small strips, huge boat.There is no engineer in those mega -business who thinks a bit and realizes that no matter how small the meters do, the strips boat cancels the advantage of the small size of the meter ????Yes, I know that packing the strips individually in Blister as Abbott is more expensive, but there is no other way or alternative packaging to that megabote?Really that every time I see that boat in a meter, I get sick and cancel all the advantages of the device ...

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/18/2012 11:17 a.m.

It is that so much information in the end tires me:-/ ... although well, I am weird: oops:
For a long time I used the ultrasmart of Lifescan, and in the end I endedDoctors ...

Reading the links that Gondrullo has put, several things translated by Mr.google:

- stores the previous 300 test results, including the date and time (if activated) with each reading my current ultraeas and stores up to 500 and the Ultrasmart kept more than 3000
If this is true, there will be enough cases that do not get to calculate the glycosilada ... to 6 glycemias/day I leave only 50 days :?
I guess the program attached to the iPhone will allow to save millions of data ...

- operating temperature between 10 and 40 degrees: shock :: shock :: shock :: shock:
My ultraeasy does not mark below 6 degrees, well, that's what the prospect says.

- Internal power supply ... I imagine that he will refer to the use of the mobile battery, right?

- Units of measure: mg / dl or mmol / l
Only one of each meter is selected, not interchangeable by the user (set in factory)

I guess this must be easily rectible that only MG meters will be distributed for the European market

- Your test method does not seem to be the typical oxidase glucose, but a new method:-/ ... it would be good to have more information about it.

- The app for the iPhone ... is it free?: ?:: ?:

- Of the rest of the things: size of the drop of blood (0.5), absence of coding of the strips, time of analysis (6 seconds), altitude, hematocrit and rank of results (20-600) is normal.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/18/2012 1:49 p.m.

Hello everyone, I do not seduce myself with the Aviva Nano.
health.: P

DiabetesForo
01/27/2012 2:04 p.m.

This other also just left.of Menarini.Small and latest generation strips, reading in 4 seconds, 0.3 sample and measures ketone bodies.

Link -plus

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/27/2012 2:47 p.m.

This is only for men, right?or they will get the Glucowoman shortly :?:

The competition is always good and it was time for another meter to come out that could also analyze the ketone in blood.

The memory of 400 results and the averages of only 30 days seems very scarce, I do not understand why the laboratories do not dedicate a little space and work in this aspect.I do not think it costs them much to reach 3 months of socks: shock:
Although with download software this inconvenience can always be solved.

It must be the fastest meter west diabetes: D, only 4 seconds with minimal drop of blood ... we will see the absorption of the strip.
Samples for ketones always need more quantity and time.

They lower the temperature to 5º for its operation.

They do not indicate the enzymatic method so I imagine they will continue with the glycometer.

By eye, it seems longer than the exceed but heavy: shock:
Ergonomically, I like the 2 designs, both of the exceed and the glucomen ... they can adapt well to the hand and facilitate the grip.

DiabetesForo
01/28/2012 3:12 a.m.

hahaha, because as soon as they get the glycogirl I ask me !!!!:)) :))
We are now using Menarini, Glucocard, and it gives me that it doesn't work very well (Regina, I think you are great), I don't know if because Angela goes like an earthquake and does not put the amount of adequate blood or what, but we find the same problems as with the contour link (the strips are identical), many times it gives us very high figures, and at the time without correction it can be in hip ... AGGG, with how well we were going withThe One Touch.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/28/2012 6:23 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

hahaha, because as soon as they get the glycogirl I ask me !!!!:)) :))
We are now using Menarini, Glucocard, and it gives me that it doesn't work very well (Regina, I think you are great), I don't know if because Angela goes like an earthquake and does not put the amount of adequate blood or what, but we find the same problems as with the contour link (the strips are identical), many times it gives us very high figures, and at the time without correction it can be in hip ... AGGG, with how well we were going withThe One Touch.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/28/2012 6:23 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Velia, we have always used that and is doing very well, hemoglobin also coincides with the average of each month.It can give the chance that someone does not do well, but it has not touched us .. I will see if I get the new one, because the news always brings me a girl I know.
Well, I feel that you don't do well ... you can compare with another .. Let's see what happens.A hug

I am watching on TV the debate on public health ... this issue is worrying me ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/28/2012 4:22 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

To me the glucomen seems very great.The Menarini have given me to try and it is the paste that I see.As for design, it is rough and big.
But as I said in another message out there, the strips are of the latest generation, they absorb very well and need very little blood.I liked it.And as for those of ketones, in the sample pack there are only 2 strips, so little can be tested.The other day I had a high figure, I looked at myself, and gave me a lo, which means 0.0.It takes 10 seconds with 0.8 sample.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/30/2012 4:08 a.m.

I now use the accu-chek, compact plus, the truth is that it is very big to my liking, but it is the last one to give me, exactly they gave me 2, they have that persecutory peanut sometimes.

Should someone more new to be requested?Do you have it better?

I would appreciate answers.

romevila's profile photo
romevila
01/30/2012 9:31 a.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

If you can only choose Roche's, I like the Nano more.The problem is the strips that are huge, but it worked very well and has very fast options in the menu (mark if it is a pre, a post ...)

tica's profile photo
tica
01/30/2012 10:01 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

This morning I have been able to to play a little with the glucomen ... the glucometer for men: D

I really like its ergonomics, for me long it is the one that best adapts to the hand and the "technical" gesture of performing blood glucose.
It is true that it is a bit spectacular, but in return it is light.
Absorption seems spectacular, I have seen it with control solution and has been immediate.

The ugliest thing is the box, as of glitter:-/ ... sings kilometers.

DiabetesForo
02/01/2012 12:41 p.m.

<Blockquote Owash "" = "" Ref = ""

I really like its ergonomics, for me long it is the one that best adapts to the hand and the "technical" gesture of performing blood glucose.
It is true that it is a bit spectacular, but in return it is light.
Absorption seems spectacular, I have seen it with control solution and has been immediate.

The ugliest thing is the box, as of glitter:-/ ... sings kilometers.

The box wants to say the bag, right?It does not dislike.Precisely in that I see that they have unmarked from the rest, because we all put the meters in Cutrisim bags made in China, with the worst possible quality.They put 3 zippers and a pocket, all without thinking, and flatter.And instead the glucomen's bag is from the Tucano brand, which already indicates an important qualitative difference.But the meter still does not go through my eyes.I see it comfortable for someone perhaps older, but for someone young looking for size, I think it is not adequate.It is huge.I still do not understand why the meters are still so large when we have in that same smartphones size that do a thousand more things.Not to mention the strips.But well, as I said, I liked glucomen's strips.I have not listed its specifications thoroughly, but I think they are more modern than the others in terms of interference in their measurement by different blood compounds.

I still stay with the Ibgstar.By cuckoo?Maybe yes, call me frivolole :-)
Let's see if the Sanofi make me one for my "aifon" ...

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
02/02/2012 3:14 a.m.

By box, I mean cardboard box: D
of an ugly of fright

Reading the Prospect in my English macarronic: http: //www.glucomen.co.uk/_assets/lx%20Plus%20manual.pdf
Glucose oxidase (God) Biosensor is its sample analysis technique, which in effect avoids interference with the maltose.
I think both Roche and Abbott solved their problems in this case.

DiabetesForo
02/02/2012 12:54 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.