Another question and go .......

Borgia's profile photo   01/22/2012 6:53 a.m.

Friends:
I apply insulin Lantus only once a day, before bedtime, but I do not remember that the doctor has specifically told me if I should be injected before dinner or after dinner.

The doubt assaulted me that yesterday I measured on an empty stomach 138 and, at night, 2hs.and average after dinner, 324.

And I don't tell you about the scare that I took!

I clarify that I am still in the period of adjusting the doses and I go for 20 units.

I will appreciate opinion and advice.

Salu2

Pedro

Borgia's profile photo
Borgia
01/22/2012 6:53 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Lantus is an insulin that does not cover food intake, so if you do not injepe an ultra-opted and you dinner hydrates it is very logical that 324.
Give the same thing that you put it before or after dinner, but you have to put it more or less always at the same time.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/22/2012 7:25 a.m.

Thanks Prado.
Then ................... the fault is of the 2 portions of pizza and the 2 empanadas I ate last night.

(It is that among the coronary problems, chronic renal failure, this of diabetes and my 78 years I wanted to give myself satisfaction).

Pedro

Borgia's profile photo
Borgia
01/22/2012 8:04 a.m.

Hello Borgia, first go to your doctor to clarify the insulins ... and then, if you want to give yourself a whim, try to do it in the morning or at noon and after a good walk, so you will partially counteract thatUpon, that by the way it is not good for your body .... Pizzas and empanada have many hydrates, so, that was the reason.
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/22/2012 8:12 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello, taking advantage of what you say on Borgia about carbohydrates I would like to ask, since I am a rookie and I start my diabetes-2 treatment in what way I can find out what foods become carbohydrates and harm us, or what should we have like thatin account so that what happened on Borgia does not happen in their intake.I imagine that there will be some article or list that tell us all this information to be able to feed ourselves properly and thus have the most controlled diabetes.

Thank you very much and I wait for your help.Greetings.

JMD's profile photo
JMD
01/22/2012 8:57 a.m.

Here you have a page that can help you a lot

And ask any questions that we will all try to help you.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/22/2012 9:18 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.