C8 Medisensors

Lone's profile photo   01/28/2012 10:22 a.m.

Someone knows something about this new device:
It seems another step, although the $ 4,000 + VAT + .....;Of course, apparently you do not need gasoline (sensors).
What do you think?
Greetings

Lone's profile photo
Lone
01/28/2012 10:22 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Link ... 90608.html >
There goes a little information in Spanish.What to tell you, hopefully, for this type of innovations if they were really reliable they could ask for the money they would like, and know it: Twisted:
Although this phrase: "Investigation Device. Not Cleared or Approved for Marketing in Any Jurisdiction", does not hope that it will be in 2012.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
01/28/2012 10:36 a.m.

I forgot to put in the previous message that from 8 to 11 of next February they present it in Barcelona at the "5th International Conference of Technological Advances for the treatment of diabetes" (or something like that), in case someone in the forum catcheshand, finds out that it goes and can tell us something.

Lone's profile photo
Lone
01/28/2012 5:15 p.m.

Jodo!That meter seems fantastic, you do not need to buy constantly strips, or have the fingers massacred ...
The important thing is, someone knows when he will be on sale in Spain? (And what will his price be; although I personally feel sorry for me, to think about a device that does so much good, and it is a very big step in thetreatment and day -to -day diabetics) and if their values ​​are reliable.who can provide more information about this device.
All the best!

ray-ban's profile photo
ray-ban
01/29/2012 11:56 a.m.

incredible.I loved it.What happens is that I am expectant, since I did not know any research on non -invasive measurement based on this principle of reflection of a laser beam.Hopefully it is effective and fulfill what it promises.If so, they have a customer from the beginning.Let us now hope that everything follows its course and that the different presentations and evolutions of the device give as a fruit the next homologation both FDA and CE.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/30/2012 4:02 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Good night,

I am still hallucinated with this sensor, although I have read on the website that is for over 18 years, why will it be?
The Congress where they present the sensor is for professionals, but sometimes parallel fairs are set up. Does anyone know if any other event or fair is going to be held showing these new technologies?

Martina's profile photo
Martina
02/10/2012 5:50 p.m.

What a past ... I wish it prosper !!
Although I see his good part, and his bad part.
The good part is that they stop suffering the fingers, we say goodbye to the happy calluses in the fingers, and to be able to make us many more measurements throughout the day without having to suffer punctures.
The bad thing is that many people would use it almost almost like a continuous monitor, so many houses that sell with sensors, glucometers, etc ... would not sell a damn or make our expense rich, therefore almost almost would go to theBankruptcy ... And I don't know, with all the pasture that these houses win, if those who are going to get the C8, do not want to make profitability and enrich themselves equally ... although it would be a shame ...
I don't know if I'm going disappointed ...:?

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
02/12/2012 6:21 a.m.

NEW INFORMATION:

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
03/25/2012 6:19 a.m.

It is fantastic, a little big and uncomfortable, but nothing is perfect.

Martina's profile photo
Martina
03/25/2012 5:21 p.m.

Is it amphibious?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/25/2012 6:02 p.m.

I love the idea and I suppose that this type of novelty would refer to my diabetologist when I talked about her did not believe that in 5 years we had to continue measuring glycemia with punctures.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/26/2012 8:29 a.m.

That they approve now!

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
03/26/2012 9:34 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Well, it seems that he is waiting for homologation for the CE, and they prevent it from taking it out during 2012, but surely it will not be before 2013 until it is available
price they say that about $ 4000
The children is due to approval, so that its use in children is allowed to pass other controls, keep in mind that it is a laser pointing to the skin, you have to be special care, much longer controls etc., surely too tooThey ask for it, but first you will have to establish.
Its reliability seems to be 11% but published studies are very scarce.It is fine for a continuous meter of reference and so that it will notify us of descents and upswhich means that it corresponds to your glycemic level of 10 minutes ago.

On the other hand, we must not calibrate it, a matter that has given me very bad results with the Guardian.
In addition, you don't have to click it, and you seem to take it out and put it totally free, needing 5 minutes to heat the laser before continuing to measure.

I am personally very optimistic with the future evolution of this technology, in a short time it will achieve greater reliability than the traditional puncture meter (in the MIT they presented a system that if it did, the problems for now are of mathematical and miniaturization adjustments) of miniaturization)And more models that are also under development that are based on the same physical phenomenon will also be in development, they have been in research for 15 years and they are already getting good adjustments.

It seems to me that it is not amphibious, hehe, for the shower it will have to be removed, but I already tell you that in 5 minutes it is ready to measure (I think it takes 3 minutes to measure)

If someone wants to know more look at this, although it is in English: Link ... Blood.html
It is in English but has many graphics of how the system works

lagartixo's profile photo
lagartixo
04/12/2012 1:29 p.m.

Hello, without a doubt, you have good and not so good things, but the greatest advance that this new device can provide is ... that Dexcom adjusts the prices! If not all, with belt!
Personally I have been with the Dexcom for several years, and has saved my life, without him I am lying.

By the way, pre-reservations are already accepted without compromise (they will warn of characteristics, prices, etc ... preferably for those who have signed).
3000 euros and forget about consumables is an interesting point.If you are 5 years old for example, they are about 50 euros per month.That, in a country with a minimum interprofessional salary of 600 euros is reasonable.I think.

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
04/13/2012 7:05 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.