A help ...

garbitxu's profile photo   01/30/2012 6:07 p.m.

Hello chic@s:
My problem is that before diagnosing the diabetes I had karate since the age of 10.I have been doing this since October and it is the only thing that I lack since I have it.It gives me a bit of fear, and that I am from Bilbao, start over.I would like advice and your experiences about it.I know it's possible but I don't know how to start.In addition to this until now I had the compensated dose and the levels gave me correctly, but for a little over a week I have hypoglycemia in mid -afternoon, in the middle of the morning ... despite having had the normal levels after each meal.What can happen to me?Thank you very much in advance.A kiss

garbitxu's profile photo
garbitxu
01/30/2012 6:07 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have already told you in the presentation section.
With respect to the adjustments, I suppose that you are now in the honeymoon phase, your pancreas still produces some insulin, therefore it is something difficult to find the right dose, but nevertheless, although an adult is usually more stable, you haveKeep in mind that in diabetes 2 + 2 sometimes it is not 4 .... there are factors that influence the figures very directly ... stress, hormones, colds, exercise, absorption of carbohydrates, the exercise, etc, etc ... if you have hypoglycemia in mid -afternoon or mid -morning, coinciding with 2 or 2 and a half hours after breakfast and food, and the figures when you get up and before meals are adequate (around100), it is possible that you can insulin quickly at breakfast and food, or you miss hydrates ...
With respect to karate, sport in general, it is essential in anyone's life, the more in that of a person with diabetes ... it will help you better assimilate insulin, metabolize the intakes, etc ... you must have inCount some recommendations, of course have juices, or the fast hydrates you use, at the foot of the tatami, in case you feel down, measure yourself before starting the exercise (maybe until you feel safe, measure yourself in the middle), and if you are withFair figures to take some slow absorption hydrate, cookie type, banana, etcIf I have practiced (as in everything, in each person it is different), so you may have to wear some less insulin or take more HC, s, in the next take .... it seems a bit straight, but surely you end uptaking the quiet.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/31/2012 4:06 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

If you wear the Lantus at night and you get up well, you need to take some supplement in mid -morning and mid -afternoon, to get to food or dinner.
Do not worry, gradually with the sport, measure yourself before and after sport, go taking supplements to see how they have an impact on your glycemia with the duration and intensity, now everything seems very complicated but it is like when you start walking, youcaes, then you get up again but in the end we all get walking ........ Animio !!! And never stop doing sports !!! It will come well in the glycemias and especially in your head with the endorphinsWhat are you going to generate !!!! JEJ, e
Eatingoooooooooooo

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/31/2012 4:08 a.m.

Thank you very much girls, I will tell you how the things.I know this is little by little, but I feel supported by what I know I can with everything.A Sweet Musutxu Girls ...

garbitxu's profile photo
garbitxu
01/31/2012 8:05 a.m.

I tell you my relationship with sport.I competed on a road bike until 19 years old and after that I did the occasional sport without leaving the bike aside, mountain and road.I had not done much years and when I was 34, I was diagnosed with diabetes 1, just now a year ago.Since then I have not stopped sports.At first wanting to prevent my acquaintances from pitying me again to see me well and have a good "hanger" as years ago.But the months went by and I ended up returning to what has been my life, the bicycle and above all the motivation to compete returned.At first with some care and stopping to measure from time to time, but now it is weird as I measure me in full training, and that can last 4 or 5 hours.In the end it is easy to know what amount of HC you have to eating and as soon as reduced, if necessary, the units in the food prior to the activity.If the slow one you have well adjusted hypoglycemia are not much unless you have been wrong with the fast.There are times that going with people I have seen myself at the feet of a mountain port with the feeling of being empty and realizing that I had forgotten to eat in a good time.In these cases 2 glucose pills to act quickly and some cookies and up.

In 4 months of serious training I have more than 7000 km, with a sense of force that I did not feel in years.The units went down almost halfway and the control is very easy for me.It is also true that if I am 3 days or more without doing anything I need more units of both.The glycosilada fell by 3 months from 10.6 to 5.5 and at 4 months after 5.2.I even thought that the pancreas was being regenerated, :)) but I can still see some 250 from time to time.My father keeps asking me from time to time: - But you heals that or what?

JoseManuel's profile photo
JoseManuel
01/31/2012 6:06 p.m.

That is a very common question ... hehehe
Thank you very much for sharing the experience, it makes me funny because my boy is passionate about the bikes, although he is still starting, he can't live without it.He is going to encourage him when he tells him and surely encourages me to get out of bike.
That said, thanks and if you regenerate the pancreas warp.:P

garbitxu's profile photo
garbitxu
01/31/2012 7:53 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.